Samsung Galaxy S3

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Seems like the S3 beats every thing accourding to the GSM arena bench marks. I thought the one X have better hardware. Is the one X they are using the qaud core one, because it seems the AT&T one is only dual core.

Anyway, think I will get me the S3 when it comes out. Looks really like touchwiz finally came to the party.

K

kingrob

Seems like the S3 beats every thing accourding to the GSM arena bench marks. I thought the one X have better hardware. Is the one X they are using the qaud core one, because it seems the AT&T one is only dual core.

Anyway, think I will get me the S3 when it comes out. Looks really like touchwiz finally came to the party.

I would also get the Galaxy S3.

The fact that HTC decided to remove the SD card slot is big issue to me - what must I do with my 32GB SD card that I paid R800 for? And I want the extra 32GB storage for movies and music, dammit!!

Also, no removable battery means that if your HTC One X start giving you short battery life after two/three years, you can't simply remove the old battery and pop in a new one.

Galaxy S3 FTW!!

memphis32

I wonder if the FNB smartphone/tablet offer will include the S3 if it comes out....? I've already asked them, but I'm waiting on a reply..... If they do, then I'm getting it for sure, but if not, I'll consider the Note.... I'm really not going contract mode with any SP, I've burnt my fingers too many times with them. And cash purchase is out of my league....

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Seems like S-Voice doesn't interpret as well as Siri.

I know it is a iOS site, but still

kingrob said:
phoneJunky said:

I would also get the Galaxy S3.

The fact that HTC decided to remove the SD card slot is big issue to me - what must I do with my 32GB SD card that I paid R800 for? And I want the extra 32GB storage for movies and music, dammit!!

Also, no removable battery means that if your HTC One X start giving you short battery life after two/three years, you can't simply remove the old battery and pop in a new one.

The SD card isn't really an issue for me, I haven't really used more than 16 gigs in anycase, but you never know when your demands are going to be higher.

I really like the new look touchwiz, for most part it still looks the same - but atleast this time you can see that it is not a blatant copy of iOS (except maybe the S Voice part).

The eye following this is in my opinion the only thing that other phones don't have, so I hope that it is a success.

I also would have liked FM transmission, but I don't think android supports that.

nadimm

Expert Member
The only thing that would make me choose the S3 over the One X is battery life. Waiting on both from anandtech and for the updated firmware test on the HTC International version. The A&T version is supposed to have amazing battery life.

Really hate touchwhiz - dont tell me to load a custom :)

I hope Voda releases both next month as promised.

Maddmatt

Expert Member
Last edited:

mercurial

MyBB Legend
The only thing that would make me choose the S3 over the One X is battery life. Waiting on both from anandtech and for the updated firmware test on the HTC International version. The A&T version is supposed to have amazing battery life.

Really hate touchwhiz - dont tell me to load a custom :)

I hope Voda releases both next month as promised.

GSMARENA performed battery tests on both devices. The HTC One X came out with an endurance rating of 37H, whereas the S3 came out with an endurance rating of 43H.

Ecco

Executive Member
Ah, i only saw this thread now.

I will be getting the S3. Was all set to take the HTC One X, and then the little things on the S3 changed my mind. For those torn between the 2 phones, these are the items which swayed me to the S3:

Removable Battery (better then the htc battery)
MicroSD card slot
Smart Stay

nadimm

Expert Member
I think i've been converted. On battery life. Damn its hard to say bye to HTC.

B3ns

Cant wait for this phone! Hoping we can get some details on where we can go and buy it on release :D