Samsung Galaxy S3

I've downloaded the update on my phone but it wouldn't update. It stops at 30% then it says I must do the update via Kies. I'm not really worried about it, just curios to know why it does that.

Any ideas?

Battery, perhaps? Mine wanted to be on charge...
 
Has anybody deleted apps by deleting the .apk files via Root Explorer?

Any problems experienced?

Reason I'm asking is because some of the bloatware cannot be uninstalled via the operating system.
 
Hi Guys, not sure if there's a page somewhere explaining this but here goes anyway.

Installed all the launchers etc. I need and have my phone rooted with the latest Clockword mod installed (6.0.1.0 or whatever)...will customize it for now until a decent Jellybean ROM release hits the net.

Anyway, I just want to get rid of that horrible Vodacom boot animation, I've tried using some apps (like ROM Toolbox) to replace it to no avail. Also tried clearing the cache and installing using a .zip file from recovery mode containing the original ICS S3 boot animation but it's still not working. Any tips?

Man, Vodacom really knows how to screw up a beautiful device with their crap.
 
Last edited:
Has anybody deleted apps by deleting the .apk files via Root Explorer?

Any problems experienced?

Reason I'm asking is because some of the bloatware cannot be uninstalled via the operating system.

The recommended procedure is too first freeze the app using titanium backup. If you don't get any stability issues you can go ahead and uninstall, though freezing is just as good if space is not the issue
 
The recommended procedure is too first freeze the app using titanium backup. If you don't get any stability issues you can go ahead and uninstall, though freezing is just as good if space is not the issue

This is the route that I went as well - haven't uninstalled anything - just froze most of the Samsung bloatware.
 
I've been running Omega V10 with Siyah kernel for the past couple of days with no problems so I'm about to upgrade to Omega V11.
 
Hello guys,

I hope you all are doing well.

Could anyone of you please recommend me a bluetooth keyboard to use with this awesome phone?

Ideally, I'd like the keyboard to be lightweight and portable. If it's foldable, that would be a bonus!

I must thank you guys in advance for replies of help, if any.

Have a great day,

Regards,
 
How to uncover and use the hidden Service menu on the Galaxy S3

Guide on how to unlock the hidden service menu and diagnostic tool.

Start your Phone app
Get to the Keypad screen
Type in: *#0*#


Source
 
Anyone purchased a decent 32gb class 6 or above SD card yet ? Prices ?

Looking to upgrade my old class 4 16gb :)
 
Me has a Samsung 32GB Class10...
Its f#&N Awesome....!!! Couldn't resist so I bought 3... Cost me a packet... But damn they work well..
 
I am quite amazed how much battery gte S3 uses in standby. Was charged when I went to bed k sat night and on 78% when I woke up. Seems a fair amount.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X