Samsung Galaxy S3

I am quite amazed how much battery gte S3 uses in standby. Was charged when I went to bed k sat night and on 78% when I woke up. Seems a fair amount.

Something or some setting is wrong on you side buddy. It shouldn't drain that much. My S2 drains about a percent an hour with 3G, sync and background data enabled with whatsapp, gtalk, Facebook messenger.

And AFAIK S3 should have better battery stats than S2 coz of bigger battery (2100mA S3 vs 1650mA S2).
 
I am quite amazed how much battery gte S3 uses in standby. Was charged when I went to bed k sat night and on 78% when I woke up. Seems a fair amount.

It's a bug in the report, it should be a tenth of that amount. Have you installed the OTA update?
 
Something or some setting is wrong on you side buddy. It shouldn't drain that much. My S2 drains about a percent an hour with 3G, sync and background data enabled with whatsapp, gtalk, Facebook messenger.

And AFAIK S3 should have better battery stats than S2 coz of bigger battery (2100mA S3 vs 1650mA S2).

Yeah I also think something is fishy. Prior to last night, I have disabled some services / apps running namely AllShare Play, CahtON, Exchange Services and Samsung Push Service. . . but even before disabling these my battery would drain significantly over night. I even have Juice Protector running to try conserve battery. Now to figure out what it could be.

It's a bug in the report, it should be a tenth of that amount. Have you installed the OTA update?

OTA update? Is that just the normal Settings - About - Check for updates? If yes then I am up to date according to my device. Forgive the noobness, I was once a Apple boy :p


Edit: Wonder if this is applicable: http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s3-battery-drain-issue-fix-97838/

I also discovered that my Wifi is staying on constantly, this could very well be the culprit. I have set it to switch off when the screen is off.
 
Last edited:
Battery is now on 57% and all I have really done is some whatsapp. Something is ****ed.
 
Got a white one, the colour doesn't bother me too much because I will be getting a cover for it. Ever since I saw the drop test, I am holding it like a new-born.
The blue ones as far as I know aren't out through MTN yet. I stand under correction though...
 
Got a white one, the colour doesn't bother me too much because I will be getting a cover for it. Ever since I saw the drop test, I am holding it like a new-born.
The blue ones as far as I know aren't out through MTN yet. I stand under correction though...

thanks ;)
 
I want to root my S3 but I want to backup the default rom before making any changes. I am a total noob at this.

I have read that I need to run a nandroid backup to backup the stock rom, but don't i need to root first to do this? I have searched for noobie guides for rooting but there are so many & variants for T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. Prettly Please suggest a method for me to do this?

One other question, how do I stop my SMS/MMS from appearing in my E-Mail? Every time I sync my Exchange email, my sms's appear in the inbox even ones I have deleted.

thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Battery is now on 57% and all I have really done is some whatsapp. Something is ****ed.

I will try and help you. I've dumped the stock Samsung Rom the moment CM9 became available, but I know for a fact that even on stock I loss less than 3-5% overnight. Last night on latest CM9 nightly I lost 1% battery life in just over 8hrs of sleep.

I'm actually quite busy so if I take some time to reply, please understand! I might start a new thread to keep this one On Topic
 
Last edited:
OTA update? Is that just the normal Settings - About - Check for updates? If yes then I am up to date according to my device. Forgive the noobness, I was once a Apple boy :p

^I would also like the answer to this. Mine also says up to date.

S2 battery life was way better for me. And when I check my stats it is usually along the lines of 50% - Cell Standby and 35% Screen.

I also discovered that my Wifi is staying on constantly, this could very well be the culprit. I have set it to switch off when the screen is off.

I keep my Wi-Fi on constantly because I am connected at work and home. But that was never a problem with my S2. Made no real difference to my battery life.

But I do have a problem now where my Wi-Fi disconnects a few times while in sleep mode. I thought it was a switch widget I used and changed widgets but it still happens.
 
I want to root my S3 but I want to backup the default rom before making any changes. I am a total noob at this.

I have read that I need to run a nandroid backup to backup the stock rom, but don't i need to root first to do this? I have searched for noobie guides for rooting but there are so many & variants for T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. Prettly Please suggest a method for me to do this?

One other question, how do I stop my SMS/MMS from appearing in my E-Mail? Every time I sync my Exchange email, my sms's appear in the inbox even ones I have deleted.

thanks in advance.

Go read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238
 
I will try and help you. I've dumped the stock Samsung Rom the moment CM9 became available, but I know for a fact that even on stock I lost less than 3-5% overnight. Last night on latest CM9 nightly I lost 1% battery life in just over 8hrs of sleep.

I'm actually quite busy so if I take some time to reply, please understand! I might start a new thread to keep this one On Topic

Thanks Krypt, would appreciate the help.
 
Thanks Krypt, would appreciate the help.

Grab these 3 apps. Will try to continue toninght...

Battery Monitor Widget

Put a 1x1 widget on any of your screens, to activate initial monitoring.

CPU Spy

Kernal info with easy to read/see CPU states

BetterBatteryStats

Grab it for free from XDA or support the dude if you're not a cheap-ass like me.
Also a crapload of info in that thread, more than I would ever be able to provide!!

Thats all for now.

Laters
 
Anyone notice that if you are listening to music on the S3, and you access a file via USB from a PC, the music pauses...?

Can the music player and USB interface not both access the memory together?

EDIT: Figured it out... when you access the memory from the PC, it is unmounted from the Android filesystem, and re-mounted after the access. I suppose that is how MTP works.

My old Android device, you had to actually click "mount", then it was also not available my the phone.
 
Last edited:
Anybody here with the FNB App on their phone?

Do you also have the following where the menus don't render properly?
showfull.php


Edit: Image not showing

http://www.mybroadband.co.za/photos/showfull.php?photo=32103
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X