Samsung Galaxy S5

Yeah I did, and then I got the S5. The high resolution screen hurts the battery life, the price is higher, the screen is almost Note 3 big (in other words, too big for my liking) and LG's firmware can't touch TouchWiz (I'm DONE with custom ROMs).
 
Was this on you rooted S5?

I have never worried about warranty in the past but for some reason I care about the ADH now. According to Samsung store in Vodaworld, rooting will void ADH and warranty which is a load of crap. This the only reason I have not rooted.

Towel root not an option for most of us as we have the international exynos version (G900H) and it does not work. If I were to root I would use CF Autoroot.

I use root for removing bloatware and for tasker. This has made me frustrated but I love the phone especially the battery life.

Does Samsung SA check the knox flag when doing warranty claims and ADH?

Yes
Read what I said.

Knox guarantees data security. If knox can no longer guarantee the security of its container, then the knox warranty flag is tripped.

I have had the following done to a knox-tripped phone:

ADH screen repair
Motherboard/screen replacement
Another ADH screen repair.

ADHs done while running Omega. I flashed stock rom for the motherboard replacement, so they couldn't claim the custom rom was causing my wifi issues.
 
Was this on you rooted S5?

I have never worried about warranty in the past but for some reason I care about the ADH now. According to Samsung store in Vodaworld, rooting will void ADH and warranty which is a load of crap. This the only reason I have not rooted.

Towel root not an option for most of us as we have the international exynos version (G900H) and it does not work. If I were to root I would use CF Autoroot.

I use root for removing bloatware and for tasker. This has made me frustrated but I love the phone especially the battery life.

Does Samsung SA check the knox flag when doing warranty claims and ADH?

This was on my rooted/custom rom S4.

They did not check the knox flag.

And yes, the knox flag on my s5 is tripped too.
 
I guess I should just root then.

What route did you go for the warranty and ADH claims? Samsung, Vodacom?

This was on my rooted/custom rom S4.

They did not check the knox flag.

And yes, the knox flag on my s5 is tripped too.
 
So I rooted using towelroot a couple months ago. All was well.
My phone told me there was an OS update to download and install so I went with it.
After the installation, my phone is no longer rooted.
I tried to root again, and TowelRoot v3 says my phone isn't supported.
 
So I rooted using towelroot a couple months ago. All was well.
My phone told me there was an OS update to download and install so I went with it.
After the installation, my phone is no longer rooted.
I tried to root again, and TowelRoot v3 says my phone isn't supported.

Samsung plugging holes...
 
Sigh. Wouldn't have updated if I knew

Similar to what Sony did when the PS3 was jailbroken. They started issuing firmware which were merely security updates to prevent the owners from hacking the console. I suspect Samsung is doing the same now to plug the holes that circumvent the triggering of Knox
 
Similar to what Sony did when the PS3 was jailbroken. They started issuing firmware which were merely security updates to prevent the owners from hacking the console. I suspect Samsung is doing the same now to plug the holes that circumvent the triggering of Knox
It was a 250mb update, so hopefully more than just a plug :D
 
It was a 250mb update, so hopefully more than just a plug :D

Small changes, but really worthwhile ones.

Example : I put my phone on Flight Mode when I go to bed, now you have a button to disable Flight Mode on the lock screen - and it looks flippin sexy!
 
Example : I put my phone on Flight Mode when I go to bed, now you have a button to disable Flight Mode on the lock screen - and it looks flippin sexy!
Why not schedule this to happen automatically at say 10PM And again in the morning... (with Llama or Tasker)?
 
Last edited:
Why not schedule this to happen automatically at say 10PM And again in the morning... (with Llama or Tasker)?

I don't get up the same time every morning, but yes, it's a great idea for most people.

Actually thinking of investing in a Baby Ben alarm clock, as I sometimes handle my phone very rough when trying to switch off the alarm. :eek:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X