Samsung Galaxy S5

I just tried to use mobile odin to flash ANG3 but it froze on reboot and I ended up just using desktop odin as per usual.

Sorry OGK, twice I've used it and twice it's ballsed things up :erm:
 
Best way is still clockworkmod recovery... Don't know if it's available for the s5..?
 
Best way is still clockworkmod recovery... Don't know if it's available for the s5..?

I've just always used desktop odin. I haven't had cwm on my phone since S2 I think, forgotten how to use it :D
 
I just tried to use mobile odin to flash ANG3 but it froze on reboot and I ended up just using desktop odin as per usual.

Sorry OGK, twice I've used it and twice it's ballsed things up :erm:

Happened to me too. Had to use Odin myself. I was kinda pissed off!

Which ANG3 did you use? I downloaded the UK BTU version, but read somewhere that it came out in April making it older than ANG2 which is still being rolled out.
 
Last edited:
Best way is still clockworkmod recovery... Don't know if it's available for the s5..?

You get both CWM and TWRP recoveries for the S5, but I fail to see how that will help since the fw is non-rooted and not a flashable zip. Intratech used to pre-root the firmware back in the day so you could use CWM recovery to flash away.
 
I used to use Cwm with omega on my s4. Was awesome
 
Happened to me too. Had to use Odin myself. I was kinda pissed off!

Which ANG3 did you use? I downloaded the UK BTU version, but read somewhere that it came out in April making it older than ANG2 which is still being rolled out.

I followed the link to the sammobile page in your post a couple of pages back about not tripping KNOX. Says UK BTU but has a build date of July 3?

Maybe I'll unroot and try an ota update and see what is does.
 
I followed the link to the sammobile page in your post a couple of pages back about not tripping KNOX. Says UK BTU but has a build date of July 3?

Maybe I'll unroot and try an ota update and see what is does.

Edit: in fact I see that the Vodacom ANG2 is the same date. Just going to leave things as they are just now :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X