Samsung Galaxy S5

Then why would Samsung make the 1.5m cable too? It is just a silly theory. Link please?
It's not just Samsung. All phone manufacturers. I read that like 2 years ago when I had a HTC One X. And I wondered why the hell the cable was so short. So I googled it.
 
I actually grew to like the settings menu very quickly. It works a lot like the Windows 8 Start screen, where you have a location and colour to look for. For example, I know that if I want to get to battery info quickly I scroll all the way down with one hard swipe, up fairly softly, and then hit the lowest green icon in the middle. I can get there quicker than I could on my S2, it becomes second nature VERY quickly.

I also like that you can collapse sections you don't often use, eg I never use Connect And Share, Motion, or User And Backup so I collapse them and end up with a fairly small menu.

Of course, there's always the Quick Settings block at the top which can be customized to have your most used options.
 
I actually grew to like the settings menu very quickly. It works a lot like the Windows 8 Start screen, where you have a location and colour to look for. For example, I know that if I want to get to battery info quickly I scroll all the way down with one hard swipe, up fairly softly, and then hit the lowest green icon in the middle. I can get there quicker than I could on my S2, it becomes second nature VERY quickly.

I also like that you can collapse sections you don't often use, eg I never use Connect And Share, Motion, or User And Backup so I collapse them and end up with a fairly small menu.

Of course, there's always the Quick Settings block at the top which can be customized to have your most used options.

My biggest gripes are the menu settings that all must be accessed from the top and the bottom left button that is the multitasking switcher instead of the menu button.

But I suppose I got used to it....but still miss it. :(
 
My biggest gripes are the menu settings that all must be accessed from the top and the bottom left button that is the multitasking switcher instead of the menu button.

But I suppose I got used to it....but still miss it. :(

Mine is not like that
 
My biggest gripes are the menu settings that all must be accessed from the top and the bottom left button that is the multitasking switcher instead of the menu button.

But I suppose I got used to it....but still miss it. :(

Gestures can help with this frustration (if you are rooted) -> http://goo.gl/j5TQzH
 
The S5 supports wireless ac right? Mine does not pick up my 5ghz band for some reason :-(
 
My biggest gripes are the menu settings that all must be accessed from the top and the bottom left button that is the multitasking switcher instead of the menu button.

But I suppose I got used to it....but still miss it. :(
At the beginning i was like o vok, i hate this, but now that I've gotten used to it i love it, user the task switcher so much more now just because its easy.

And if you don't like it, blame google. It's their os that enforced the change.
 
I actually grew to like the settings menu very quickly. It works a lot like the Windows 8 Start screen, where you have a location and colour to look for. For example, I know that if I want to get to battery info quickly I scroll all the way down with one hard swipe, up fairly softly, and then hit the lowest green icon in the middle. I can get there quicker than I could on my S2, it becomes second nature VERY quickly.

I also like that you can collapse sections you don't often use, eg I never use Connect And Share, Motion, or User And Backup so I collapse them and end up with a fairly small menu.

Of course, there's always the Quick Settings block at the top which can be customized to have your most used options.
Jip, also didn't like this one at the start, but like it now. And remember if you swipe down from the top with two fingers you go straight into the wuick settings menu.
 
reflecting-beauty-v2-nicklas-gustafsson_zpsfe36cdce.jpg
 
My biggest gripes are the menu settings that all must be accessed from the top and the bottom left button that is the multitasking switcher instead of the menu button.

But I suppose I got used to it....but still miss it. :(

Press and hold the bottom left for menu options :)
 
Original S-View cover on special @ R299

Edit: R299 one is sold out - now it's R399
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X