Samsung Galaxy S5

convenience and laziness - had 1 of these when I had my S4
Do not have to worry about putting your phone to charge......just wake up in the morning and swap batteries or get home from work etc and have a fully charged battery ready for you

Kewl... Each to their own. To me it would be a schleb to change batteries ask the time. I would rather invest in a car charger and USB 3 cable for the PC/laptop.
 
Kewl... Each to their own. To me it would be a schleb to change batteries ask the time. I would rather invest in a car charger and USB 3 cable for the PC/laptop.

Pretty much what I do. No car charger though, never needed it. Done 4 hours of driving using maps for guidance and about 150 photos along with its normal uses in a day and still had about 40% battery life when I got home that evening.
 
Pretty much what I do. No car charger though, never needed it. Done 4 hours of driving using maps for guidance and about 150 photos along with its normal uses in a day and still had about 40% battery life when I got home that evening.

I bought a car charger for my Nokia N97 - used it on the S2 too and got a Sammy car charger for the other car. So thanks to standardization of the ports on Android devices, I use them on both the S5 and N5
 
I bought a car charger for my Nokia N97 - used it on the S2 too and got a Sammy car charger for the other car. So thanks to standardization of the ports on Android devices, I use them on both the S5 and N5

I use my Note 3 USB 3.0 charger at home. An old blackberry charger at work, and a Samsung car charger in my car I bought back when I was still sporting my S2.

:D
 
At work I just plug it into a kindle cable (due to two kindles breaking in warranty I have 3 kindle cables, they are quite long).

lol, thinking about it I have easily around 8 micro usb cables in total.
 
At work I just plug it into a kindle cable (due to two kindles breaking in warranty I have 3 kindle cables, they are quite long).

lol, thinking about it I have easily around 8 micro usb cables in total.
I've gone through maybe 10 or more micro USB cables and those are the ones I bought not including the ones that came with my devices. I lose them, give them to friends etc. I've found that the longer the cable the lesser the amount of current to flow through it so I only use 1m cables now.
 
I've gone through maybe 10 or more micro USB cables and those are the ones I bought not including the ones that came with my devices. I lose them, give them to friends etc. I've found that the longer the cable the lesser the amount of current to flow through it so I only use 1m cables now.

At work it's more convenient for me to have a longer cable.
I use a usb3 cable if I want to guarantee fast charge.
 
Anyone have cellphone insurance on their S5?

Had it on my S4 with ADH Plus for R50 p/m

Called Outsurance to have a quote done to add to my car insurance and they quoted me R116 p/m with a value of 8K

Seems a bit ridiculous

Any suggestions?

Basically only need it for loss or theft
 
At work it's more convenient for me to have a longer cable.
I use a usb3 cable if I want to guarantee fast charge.

It's possible for a dedicated charging USB 2.0 cable to charge quicker than a standard USB 3.0 cable. Standard USB 3.0 is rated at 0.9A, charging cables are rated at 5A.
 
Anyone have cellphone insurance on their S5?

Had it on my S4 with ADH Plus for R50 p/m

Called Outsurance to have a quote done to add to my car insurance and they quoted me R116 p/m with a value of 8K

Seems a bit ridiculous

Any suggestions?

Basically only need it for loss or theft
Yes.

Got my S5 insured for R7699 with Santam for R89 a month.
 
Those look like they came straight out of the 90's.

90's FTW!!!

Yes, but it is different. It is odd to me how the trends change so quickly. Then it is flat icons, then 3D, then minimalistic, then just words ... a taste for everyone!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X