Samsung Galaxy S5

Was this your birthday gift.

Happy birthday.

Thank you. :D

Not quite, but I did win my gold S5 in a competition. ;)

I'm really hoping that Telkom will have the Sony Z4 Compact when its upgrade time for me in November.

Not happy with Samsung using all Microsoft apps for the Galaxy S6....they can stick their S6 where the sun doesn't shine.
 
13:41 and battery is still on 78% compared to 25% at this time previously

Damn i'm loving this lollipop update so far

With that said, is anyone having issues with Nova launcher gestures? (the expand notification in particular - the others work fine)

Hi Nimx, what country/network build are you using? I'm using the UK BTU version and battery performance could be better.
Cheers
 
Colour me underwhelmed. I think Samsung's TouchWiz ruins what was shown in the Lollipop design spec. The lock screen notifications are cool but I am getting "Contacts not responding" messages despite all the fixes Google recommended :(
 
I have no issues with Lollipop. I'm also extremely happy with the battery life. I usually have to charge every night. Now it lasts 2 days with similar usage. I also have to add that I uninstalled Facebook and Facebook messenger. Phone is so much more responsive.
 
I have no issues with Lollipop. I'm also extremely happy with the battery life. I usually have to charge every night. Now it lasts 2 days with similar usage. I also have to add that I uninstalled Facebook and Facebook messenger. Phone is so much more responsive.

What version are you using (Country/Network)?

Battery is shocking.
 
Version mentioned earlier in this thread.

G900H - Kazakhstan is the only available one at this stage. Network irrelevant, but MTN if that helps in any way.
 
Version mentioned earlier in this thread.

G900H - Kazakhstan is the only available one at this stage. Network irrelevant, but MTN if that helps in any way.

Apologies for not finding the version in thread.

Will the G900H work with a G900F?
 
No, you'll screw your phone up.

Different hardware drivers for different hardware chipsets.

Ah, ok - good to know :)

Is downgrading back to KitKat as simple as finding the correct firmware, downloading and installing via Odin?

Paul
 
Has anyone had the problem of not being able to connect to the network? I have full bars but I can't connect it keeps telling me my network is unavailable.

EDIT: Seems to be a common problem among s5 users, is there a solution to this?
 
Last edited:
Has anyone had the problem of not being able to connect to the network? I have full bars but I can't connect it keeps telling me my network is unavailable.

EDIT: Seems to be a common problem among s5 users, is there a solution to this?

Which network you with? Let me guess....CellC?
 
Seem to be getting this error message too often now: Unfortunately, contacts has stopped

On lollipop

Also my alarm doesn't work since the update.... It shows silenced after 1 minute yet it never makes a sound
 
Seem to be getting this error message too often now: Unfortunately, contacts has stopped

On lollipop

Also my alarm doesn't work since the update.... It shows silenced after 1 minute yet it never makes a sound

Snap on both counts. Thank God for my work phone alarm waking me up for a flight on Sunday morning.
 
Snap on both counts. Thank God for my work phone alarm waking me up for a flight on Sunday morning.

Not snap from me.
My contacts and alarm works perfectly on Lollipop. Wifi works better, it would sometimes disconnect during sleep in Kitkat. This is not happening anymore.
Also, the last charge lasted nearly 3 days with my normal usage. Similar usage on Kitkat used to only give me 1 day. So overall I'm a happy chappie.
 
Not snap from me.
My contacts and alarm works perfectly on Lollipop. Wifi works better, it would sometimes disconnect during sleep in Kitkat. This is not happening anymore.
Also, the last charge lasted nearly 3 days with my normal usage. Similar usage on Kitkat used to only give me 1 day. So overall I'm a happy chappie.

+1

Really starting to like Lollipop, it's really smooth and no crashes like the first time I installed it.

Love my gold S5. ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X