Samsung Galaxy S6

I'm a little concerned about the battery issue...My question is Should one let the battery run down completely before recharging? Or Would it be ok to recharge every day when it's around 51%? Any info on how to have a longer life healthy battery?
 
I'm a little concerned about the battery issue...My question is Should one let the battery run down completely before recharging? Or Would it be ok to recharge every day when it's around 51%? Any info on how to have a longer life healthy battery?

There is nothing wrong about the battery. My battery is seriously in the same class as my Note 4. Yes I know, it is incredible to comprehend, but if the Note 4 had the same performance as the S6, it would last for days.

On the charging issue, charge whenever you like. This is Lithium brother, it does not create a "memory" like older batteries from the Nokia days :D
 
There is nothing wrong about the battery. My battery is seriously in the same class as my Note 4. Yes I know, it is incredible to comprehend, but if the Note 4 had the same performance as the S6, it would last for days.

On the charging issue, charge whenever you like. This is Lithium brother, it does not create a "memory" like older batteries from the Nokia days :D
Thanks so much 'faniedry' for the info...BTW regarding the wifi issue on my question earlier to you I had the Data usage off so all is well thanks! :-)
 
Agree with Faniedry

The battery on the s6 is as good as my note 4 was. Take off charge at 0530 and by 2300 its on 30% after a day with heavy usage

Love this device
 
I'm a little concerned about the battery issue...My question is Should one let the battery run down completely before recharging? Or Would it be ok to recharge every day when it's around 51%? Any info on how to have a longer life healthy battery?
After changing a setting or two my battery seems to be going over 2 days now from 8 hours.
 
Please share, which settings? My phone lasts the whole day, but by the evening it's generally screaming for juice.

I think it was mostly turning off mobile data and setting it to gsm only and using power saving mode, I use wifi only and set Wifi during sleep only when plugged in.

16 hour 55 min with 1 d 16 h left.
 
Last edited:
I think it was mostly turning off mobile data and setting it to gsm only and using power saving mode, I use wifi only and set Wifi during sleep only when plugged in.

16 hour 55 min with 1 d 16 h left.
Good idea, I might just give that a shot. Just enjoying the LTE for now.

I actually read that reformatting can help battery consumption, because just updating to the newest Android version (like all the S6s had to) can affect consumption. No clue if it's worth it, and I'm hesitant after only now getting the perfect set up for my phone.
 
I think it was mostly turning off mobile data and setting it to gsm only and using power saving mode, I use wifi only and set Wifi during sleep only when plugged in.

16 hour 55 min with 1 d 16 h left.
Totally agree and it works
 
What would you recommend for a S6 ?

Must I root etc

What is the ideal set up to have a sort of 10 things to do when you get a new S6
 
What would you recommend for a S6 ?

Must I root etc

What is the ideal set up to have a sort of 10 things to do when you get a new S6
Root only if you require the extra freedom of a custom rom.

Im rooted currently running XtreStoLite ROM (just search xda) its a great rom, debloated but comes with aroma installer so you can choose to install the samsung apps you NEED. Battery life is better than stock for me. So good i even stopped monitoring my battery stats coz i still have around 40% left when i get home.

You can lose your warrantee if you root so its not for everyone.
 
Root only if you require the extra freedom of a custom rom.

Im rooted currently running XtreStoLite ROM (just search xda) its a great rom, debloated but comes with aroma installer so you can choose to install the samsung apps you NEED. Battery life is better than stock for me. So good i even stopped monitoring my battery stats coz i still have around 40% left when i get home.

You can lose your warrantee if you root so its not for everyone.

Thankyou for the reply yes phone is like 5 days old so don't want to loose the warranty.

@FanieDry, I did not convert to Apple. Push pullet made a vast difference for me.
 
Good idea, I might just give that a shot. Just enjoying the LTE for now.

I actually read that reformatting can help battery consumption, because just updating to the newest Android version (like all the S6s had to) can affect consumption. No clue if it's worth it, and I'm hesitant after only now getting the perfect set up for my phone.

On 21 hours now and 81% left :p, I also can use LTE, but see no reason for it as I use wifi data.

I wouldn't format if you got everything set perfectly as it would be a pain to setup again
 
Where is the best(cheapest) place to buy a quality cover, as the vodacom shop seemed a little steep
 
From any side store for R150 or get the rewards one

Didn't you get a free cover from Vodacom?

No those *********s said they dont have any and telko, doesnt have chargers and so I ended up going with vodacom for the charger....
 
I just bought the S6 as well on Wednesday. Battery is damn poor! Gave me about 3-4 hours in the week, and 5-6 hours yesterday when I received no calls at all. Overnight, since Wednesday, without any use it drains about 60%.

I cannot switch off my mobile data.

Tried about 12 battery saving apps in the app store, but none improved my battery usage.

I just found this link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/516576-battery-drain-fixed-samsung-8.html - they said that if you update the samsung push notification app, some users reported better battery performance.

I will be trying this one out tonight, and if it does not work, well, off to Vodacom tomorrow and demand a refund in terms of the CPA, as this phone will not work for my needs.

That sounds fcking horrible I also bought one just now and it went from 50% to 11% in less than 2 hours soo starting to regret this.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X