Samsung Galaxy S6

I just bought the S6 as well on Wednesday. Battery is damn poor! Gave me about 3-4 hours in the week, and 5-6 hours yesterday when I received no calls at all. Overnight, since Wednesday, without any use it drains about 60%.

I cannot switch off my mobile data.

Tried about 12 battery saving apps in the app store, but none improved my battery usage.

I just found this link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/516576-battery-drain-fixed-samsung-8.html - they said that if you update the samsung push notification app, some users reported better battery performance.

I will be trying this one out tonight, and if it does not work, well, off to Vodacom tomorrow and demand a refund in terms of the CPA, as this phone will not work for my needs.

What app is causing your drain?
 
Yep, I am talking to the wife now, this was the worse purchase I ever made on any electronic device! If Vodacom tells me to go fly a kite, I will be selling this phone very soon for 4k - just to buy the Nexus 4!

Considering the same, major let down, my gobii lasted three times as long
 
Yep, I am talking to the wife now, this was the worse purchase I ever made on any electronic device! If Vodacom tells me to go fly a kite, I will be selling this phone very soon for 4k - just to buy the Nexus 4!
If you're in Joburg and sell for that price, I will take it ;)
 
Where can I get this theme as I think due to the nature of AMOLED I can extend this horrible 3 hour battery life by enabling a pitch black theme
 

Attachments

  • 1431290040362.jpg
    1431290040362.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 279
If ur phone is still new and ur battery life is **** just wait a few days and then decide if you want to return it. I found that the first few days were the worst. About a week after I noticed drastic improvements. Now I unplug at 6am and when I get home at 5 I still have 40-50%
 
If ur phone is still new and ur battery life is **** just wait a few days and then decide if you want to return it. I found that the first few days were the worst. About a week after I noticed drastic improvements. Now I unplug at 6am and when I get home at 5 I still have 40-50%

You need to back that up with science for me to take seriously, because this phone is the biggest pot of rubbish I have ever boight.

I prefer the gobi over this.
 
You need to back that up with science for me to take seriously, because this phone is the biggest pot of rubbish I have ever boight.

I prefer the gobi over this.

Yeah, I've never heard of batteries needing a few days to come to life. Probably just Android backing things up for a new user or something else battery draining.

Some of the feedback from S6 users in this thread is quite surprising. Most reviews of the S6 have been very positive. Have you installed an app like BetterBatteryStats to monitor what is causing the terrible battery life? The S6 shouldn't have amazing battery life, but it shouldn't be particularly bad either.
 
Yeah, I've never heard of batteries needing a few days to come to life. Probably just Android backing things up for a new user or something else battery draining.

Some of the feedback from S6 users in this thread is quite surprising. Most reviews of the S6 have been very positive. Have you installed an app like BetterBatteryStats to monitor what is causing the terrible battery life? The S6 shouldn't have amazing battery life, but it shouldn't be particularly bad either.
The first few days for me are quite bad... Usually because I'm playing around with my phone too much. No experience with the S6 but with other phones.
 
Can't really see. I took mine off charge about an hour ago at 19:30. Only sent two messages on Whatsapp and it is now on 82%.

All apps (whatsapp, email sync, android system, screen, cell standby, samsung push service and android os) shows 1%.

When you see this again, can you post some screenshots?
 
I can post you the screenshot I just took. Phone is 30 minutes off the charger, no use at all, but 3% gone already:

Screenshot_2015_05_11_06_43_06.png

All services updated?
 
Guys something weird happen, my phone didn't want to charge and it didn't want to switch on. I took it into vodacom to have it looked at, 24 hours later vodacom technician call me saying there is nothing wrong with my phone he suspected my charger might be faulty. I went in with my charger, we tested it and everything seems to work fine. I used it for the last 24 hours and it seems fine. Has any of you experienced this before?
 
Yes, but I just need to get rid of this ****! I need to buy a decent phone that will work for at least a full day. I am afraid this this phone will not last 3-5 hours today when business opens and I start getting calls. Really do not want to move around having to worry about chargers and charging points during the course of the day.

Same here highly disappointed I am going to see if I can get 4 hours out of it, I highly doubt it.
 
Yes, but I just need to get rid of this ****! I need to buy a decent phone that will work for at least a full day. I am afraid this this phone will not last 3-5 hours today when business opens and I start getting calls. Really do not want to move around having to worry about chargers and charging points during the course of the day.
Maybe you have terrible LTE signal where you are. Have yor tried switching to GSM only or WCDMA/GSM under "More Networks".
 
That's not right. What about all the google apps that comes with the phone?

Can you post the "My Apps" screen from the app store?

Search for Gmail in the app store, does it give an option to update?

How long does your battery last fanie?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X