Samsung Galaxy S6

You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.
Most smartphone batteries only last a day except the Sony Xperia's. With all that pixels battery life seems great to me.
 
You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.

This kind of defeats the objective of having a smart phone with LTE, GPS, WiFi etc doesnt it ? If the battery on the S6 is draining too fast on LTE then either the S6 has a ****ty battery or the network your are trying to connect to is congested or to far away.

Only thing I really turned off was LTE as I don't use 4g internet (no reception only edge) as I got Telkom mobile data and wifi is on when I need it.

You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.

Mostly just turning off LTE as I don't use it and setting wifi to sleep when the phone screen is off.
 
Last edited:
I tend to agree with you. Buying a 12k phone you do not expect to have to switch off some of the main features that actually 'makes' the phone what it is, in order to prolong your battery use.

I think the S6 is a Samsung blunder, probably its worst blunder to date for high-end phones.

I also agree, people who committed to a 12k phone would probably not like to go around saying they bought the phone and had to deactivate most of its core functions to keep the phone alive. This is an embarrassment to users and most of all to Samsung as well.

I was a Samsung fan and had the S3, S4, S5, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge and now the S6. I hate the S6 with everything within me and cannot wait to get rid of it.

If people want to use LTE for downloading you will be by a laptop or plug point to charge your S6 otherwise keep it off when you don't need it.

Also if you use it on the road for business you can plug it in your car charger.

If you want something with a battery which lasts a long time and can phone and everything then get a tablet.
 
Last edited:
If people want to use LTE for downloading you will be by a laptop or plug point to charge your S6 otherwise keep it off when you don't need it.

Also if you use it on the road for business you can plug it in your car charger.

If you want something with a battery which lasts a long time and can phone and everything then get a Z3 Compact.

FTFY
 
Yes, you are right, but, on my phone LTE has been disabled for a few days already. No difference in battery draining. Problem is, I cannot remember Samsung advertising or vodacom telling me that I would need to buy additional chargers, such as car chargers to keep the phone charged the whole day.

I was kinda hoping that this would be a great business phone which I can charge in the morning and get through at least 1 working day without worrying about keeping the device on charge. This actually defeats the purpose of a smart phone. All my previous devices worked perfectly for at least a day, some for even 2 days.

Well if there is still a problem your phone may be faulty

About the charger don't you already have a usb to car charger adapter? I use it for my dashcam and GPS.
 
I'm with Telkom contract. Is it necessary to have Data roaming on, or is it better to have it off and what's the advantage/disadvantage?
 
I'm with Telkom contract. Is it necessary to have Data roaming on, or is it better to have it off and what's the advantage/disadvantage?

Yes otherwise you won't have data connectivity when out of TM coverage area. This is covered by MTN roaming
 
I'm with Telkom contract. Is it necessary to have Data roaming on, or is it better to have it off and what's the advantage/disadvantage?

Depends if you Data is Telkom only or it can be used on MTN, if there is a bad area for both it will keep swopping between the 2 which may drain your battery.
 
Last edited:
I've had the S2, S4, Note 3, Note 4, S5 and now the S6edge. I am honestly the most happy with the phone the most out of all of them. Maybe my expectations were low going into it, so it was easier to impress me. But I love this phone.

People that don't even have the phone setup correctly, or don't even have the phone dissing on battery life obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

Sound more to me like Midnight Choir Drunk have a new nick.
 
You are like a bunch of hillbillies fighting over an old dried up hooker. I am starting to think the S6 is a bit of lemon, but nobody that has bought it will bad mouth it for fear of looking like an idiot to have bought it.

Turning off all the services and then boasting about 2 day battery life is only going to make you look like a ****er.

So in short if sounds like a great device as long as you don't actually use it the way it was intended.

Like this guy. Start to think? Dude... you haven't even started thinking... do you have the phone, no?

Don't go "turning off all the services is stupid" just because 1 guy is doing it. That's his perogitive. I've got everything on. Wifi permanently on, bluetooth on and permanently connected to my G Watch R, Location on. Weather widgets that use data to update, and I get a whole day out of it. I don't need anything more.

And trust me, I've got a schitload full of apps loaded as well.
 
I'm with you - This weekend I read through all posts of the S5 thread and the Note 4 thread.... there was no moaning about battery life or having to turn this off and that to save juice.

WTF would you want a 10 grand smartphone where you have to turn stuff off to make it through the day.

Skipping this device and managing to keep my FOMO under control was the best bloody thing I have done all year. I am extremely heavy on my phone for work and I would be part of the whining brigade in here if I had upgraded to one...

I understand some owners may not be happy to admit the flaws.... and that is cool. But what is slowly emerging is that the battery needs some careful management which is BS in a 10k device IMO

Honestly, no jokes. The S6 battery is better than the S5. Note 4 is better than S6, but it's also a bigger better, which makes sense.

What flaws? There is no fcking need to carefully manage the battery. Like I just said, all services on and connected and I get a full day. What's the issue with that?
 
Honestly, no jokes. The S6 battery is better than the S5. Note 4 is better than S6, but it's also a bigger better, which makes sense.

What flaws? There is no fcking need to carefully manage the battery. Like I just said, all services on and connected and I get a full day. What's the issue with that?

Fanie, you're being a bit of a d$ck - go eat some fat man and woosa! You yourself did a few nights testing some pages back with this off and this on to see what was draining the battery overnight. You don't have to get fired up.

The point I was making is that Note 4 and S5 threads have little to no mention of battery drain. Here in this thread, there is more and more chatter. For now, it is inconclusive whether it is a phone issue or an app issue.
 
Top 20? faggaf, there are plenty of app threads... just go look

/need to find mine and update it a little

:P

I don't have time to find the threads because my battery might die in the process ;)

Link me :)
 
Fanie, you're being a bit of a d$ck - go eat some fat man and woosa! You yourself did a few nights testing some pages back with this off and this on to see what was draining the battery overnight. You don't have to get fired up.

The point I was making is that Note 4 and S5 threads have little to no mention of battery drain. Here in this thread, there is more and more chatter. For now, it is inconclusive whether it is a phone issue or an app issue.

OK. I apologize.

And yes, we were doing testing. Why were we doing it? You won't see this kind of testing in the other threads because of 1 reason. Lollipop. Lollipop brought with it a kind of hibernation. Some people in here got it, others didn't. We were trying to find what causes it to happen or not happen. That's the only reason.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X