Samsung Galaxy S6

My phone is also fine now, I think the reception at home was just too ***.

I am really impressed by the phone.
 
Hope everyone is enjoy their phones, I finally got

Nothing still waiting for Telkom to find my S6

Rofl Ichigo, sorry for you.

It is well worth the wait. This is easily the best phone I've ever had (although I will always have a soft spot for my first ever Sony Walkman slider phone).
 
Rofl Ichigo, sorry for you.

It is well worth the wait. This is easily the best phone I've ever had (although I will always have a soft spot for my first ever Sony Walkman slider phone).

Will try the 8ta store in Newcastle as I am going up there on Saturday, I hope they got some stock leftover.

Will definitely not give the store in PMB business, but will use the Pavilion or Gateway in the future for upgrades.

Just wondering if I will get charged at the end of the month as I haven't got the Simcard or the phone yet and if it is illegal to charge me?
 
Last edited:
Will try the 8ta store in Newcastle as I am going up there on Saturday, I hope they got some stock leftover.

Will definitely not give the store in PMB business, but will use the Pavilion or Gateway in the future for upgrades.

Just wondering if I will get charged at the end of the month as I haven't got the Simcard or the phone yet and if it is illegal to charge me?

You definitely shouldn't be! I believe your contract will only be activated once your new SIM card is activated on the network.

This reminds me of an experience I had with 8ta (back then) a couple years ago. I also ended up waiting weeks for stock of a new phone to arrive (Sony Xperia Mini Pro), and ended up just getting the phones through MTN swiftly instead.

Seems Telkom still can't get basic stock control right.
 
I was at Edgars today, and they also had stock on S6 and Edge. I know they do VC and MTN. Not sure what other networks they do
 
You definitely shouldn't be! I believe your contract will only be activated once your new SIM card is activated on the network.

This reminds me of an experience I had with 8ta (back then) a couple years ago. I also ended up waiting weeks for stock of a new phone to arrive (Sony Xperia Mini Pro), and ended up just getting the phones through MTN swiftly instead.

Seems Telkom still can't get basic stock control right.

Yep not sure why they can't keep up with the demand as they knew the S6 would be very popular especially at their contract price.

Again with one-handed use!!! You people and your hairy palms...

Can use my S4 with one hand too :D
 
So I finally decided to swop my sim card over to my new S6 and to my dismay MTN FLIPPING SENT ME A MICRO SIM! LOL
I'm never doing an upgrade over the phone again.
 
I wish they would standardize sims. At the moment my phone uses a nano sim. My tablet uses a micro sim and my 3G USB internet thingy uses a large mini sim.
 
Got my S6 Monday. What a disappointment. Absolutely poor Vodacom signal for voice and data. Even when I force it in WCDMA (H+) mode. My S4 did a better job surfing the internet. Anybody else have this experience?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X