Samsung Galaxy S7


I have an aversion to red, so try not to flash anything Voda, just in case. :)
I would have flashed the one from the 6 Feb. But then again, the one you mentioned is the latest, and if you don't like it you can always use Smart-Switch and flash back to our South African firmware (or flash another UK firmware using Odin).
 
Make absolutely certain that the firmware that you download is for your phone. I have the Edge (G935F). If you have the flat is is not going to be this, it will be the G930F (I think).
Make certain, and double check before flashing!
 
Thanks guys
Weird thing when signing into my Google account:
As typing the e mail address, I typed the first letter then the second which deleted the first.
Weird but had to type first letter then space bar then delete and then the second letter. For the whole mail address :confused:

Seems to be working
 
Thanks guys
Weird thing when signing into my Google account:
As typing the e mail address, I typed the first letter then the second which deleted the first.
Weird but had to type first letter then space bar then delete and then the second letter. For the whole mail address :confused:

Seems to be working

How weird. Obvious question - you tried rebooting the phone?
 
Thanks guys
Weird thing when signing into my Google account:
As typing the e mail address, I typed the first letter then the second which deleted the first.
Weird but had to type first letter then space bar then delete and then the second letter. For the whole mail address :confused:

Seems to be working
That is weird.

Tell me, do you have double options of some settings in Settings? As in that case you need to do a reset.
 
It seems there continues to be this misconception that WQHD Display phones can't last as long as HD1080P phones, I'm seeing it in a lot of the Huawei, OnePlus and iPhone forums, that a higher resolution will mean bad battery life.

Yet here I am hammering my S7 Edge, and getting +7hours SOT easily
48ce85963467d8ac5ce904a4fc53310c.jpg


b06d7df207cfa961bebfe9be74fc8661.jpg


Very few phones can achieve that with battery life to spare.

I think if I had the time, considering how slowly this battery drains, I could get it to like 9hours SOT, but I think that would be showing off

Man this phone is just beastly :D

No Power Saving Activated, I'm pretty sure it would be in double digits if there was.


PS:

Ihave honestly tried to live with setting my S7E to HD1080P, but my word is it awful, just can't fit as much content in and as I use tiny fonts, I find that they get all blocky in that resolution.

No point in owning a phone with such an incredible Display and running it like a mid end phone in 1080P mode, but that's my opinion. Throughout the week I tried running at 1080Pnand within minutes of opening WhatsApp or a Web page I'd go back and set it to WQHD, lol.
 
Last edited:
One thing that isnt working now is S Health, says :
Your device has been compromised. S Health versions 5.0 and above are not available on compromised devices

I tried to install Knox too and it says:
it cant be installed because unathourised software has been installed on the device
Says the phone is rooted. :mad:
Any ideas?
I only added the AP file not the other 4 in the package.
So I didnt do the CSC, CP and BL files in ODIN

27ad7cb7f01d04ce76ec27e869260f5d.jpg

62200e9df4d6b7db519beff1d874e193.jpg
 
Last edited:
One thing that isnt working now is S Health, says :
Your device has been compromised. S Health versions 5.0 and above are not available on compromised devices

I tried to install Knox too and it says:
it cant be installed because unathourised software has been installed on the device
Says the phone is rooted. :mad:
Any ideas?
I only added the AP file not the other 4 in the package.
So I didnt do the CSC, CP and BL files in ODIN

I would check to see of you tripped Knox. You shouldn't have, if you installed the official firmware from Sammobile and used Odin, but then again I never just installed the AP, I installed them all. Installing all does wipe all data, but then again I get OTA updates etc, so its worth it in the end.

Turn off the device. While device is off, Press the Power button, Volume Down, and Home buttons and hold until you see a Warning screen, press Volume Up (continue). At the top left of the screen you'll see "Knox Warranty Void: X (0x000X)" where X is the number of times Knox has been tripped.

If you need more help, speak to Fanie through this thread:

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showth...rs-Guide-1-Flashing-Official-Samsung-Firmware
 
I installed the other files via Odin and started from scratch seems to be working now but not updating s health
You had to install to have full functionality. Did you do a full wipe after this latest instal?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X