Samsung Galaxy S8

Any local good screen protectors? I called hi-online Canal Walk. They say the have a screen protector that they cut in store and bend for R299.

Or should I just get the body glove armoured glass one?
They one they use is a water application so it's more like a plastic screen protector. It doesn't look very nice to me and dents easily. It's called clearplex and it's the same thing they coat windscreens with. The back skins they have are nice I have a black one and it is similar to the D brand skins.
 
Any local good screen protectors? I called hi-online Canal Walk. They say the have a screen protector that they cut in store and bend for R299.

Or should I just get the body glove armoured glass one?

I was also given the R299 price but didn't think it was worth that price and didn't look very nice to be honest. I am waiting for them to get stock of the official Samsung screen protector for the S8+ which is R159 (or R129 as per their website). The reviews on the official ones are more positive than any of the other screen protectors. The glass ones to pop off after a while though.
 
Hi All, has anyone tried the official s8/s8+ screen protector from Samsung (the plastic) one. It seems to be getting some good ratings and it seems to be glued on the whole screen and not just the edges. Hi-online sell them for R159 but currently don't have stock for S8+.

I got it free when I purchased my phone and it was the best fitting screen protector I've had for this phone (had to remove it, due to a B!tch at the office throwing a pen with it landing on my phone). Bought a tempered glass protector and it was utter shyte, touch response was close to nothing, removed it the same day.

Currently using a plastic film 1 from Takealot while waiting for stock of the original again
 
[Update] Samsung finally lets us disable the Bixby button

Samsung is finally allowing us to disable the Bixby button, to an extent. The latest Bixby updates add a new toggle which lets you decide whether or not Bixby Home should be launched when the dedicated button is pressed. This can also be configured from the Bixby settings menu.

You’ll see this toggle at the very top of Bixby Home once you install the update. You can tap on the gear icon to hide the toggle should you so desire. It’s just a matter of tapping on a toggle now and that makes me happy.

To be clear, Bixby Home isn’t going anywhere. You can still access it by swiping left from the home screen. The Bixby button will also work for summoning Bixby Voice. Just press and hold like you already do.

Source: https://www.sammobile.com/2017/09/18/samsung-finally-lets-us-disable-bixby-button/
 
I got it free when I purchased my phone and it was the best fitting screen protector I've had for this phone (had to remove it, due to a B!tch at the office throwing a pen with it landing on my phone). Bought a tempered glass protector and it was utter shyte, touch response was close to nothing, removed it the same day.

Currently using a plastic film 1 from Takealot while waiting for stock of the original again

How did the pen manage to damage the protector? Did it land with its point on the screen?
 
Can anyone recommend a good case for the S8? I have the Spigen Tough Armor and Rugged Armor, but it feels though if I accidentally drop it, something will break.
 
Can anyone recommend a good case for the S8? I have the Spigen Tough Armor and Rugged Armor, but it feels though if I accidentally drop it, something will break.

UAG. Looks solid, feels solid. It is the only reason I can use my phone without the feeling that if I drop it, it's gonna break.

I have dropped my phone, no issues.
 
Awesome! Where did you hear this

Samsung Pay could launch in South Africa later this month

Samsung Pay will launch in South Africa on September 22, which just so happens to be the same day the much-anticipated Galaxy Note 8 is scheduled to hit the shelves in the region, according to Craige Fletcher, Head of Mobile at Samsung Electronics SA.

While we’d recommend adding the September 22 release date to your diary, it would probably best to use a pencil as it’s likely possible that Samsung’s running behind schedule (it’s happened before, and it’ll happen again).
 
any bets for card support vs paypal?

my money is still on paypal only

I definitely don't think FNB will be one, they went through all the effort of making their own.

PayPal might be the only option at launch but I will be like Andy Dufresne, emailing Capitec once a week until they block me or confirm they are working on it.
 
But if it works with PayPal by just deducting from your card that's linked to your account it should be ok. If you have to add money to your PayPal account every time then not so much.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X