Samsung Galaxy S8

Pilgrim

Wugger
But will it explode?

New feature, explode when the wrong person tries to unlock the phone?

michellej

Expert Member
Normally feb announcement for S range... Rumours suggest only April after the note 7 fiasco

Dread789

I'll have to wait for the s9 or whatever comes after the s8! but yes if it was possible we will have new phones and laptops every 3 months

Dom1n8tr1x

Expert Member
This could be our first proper look at the Galaxy S8, but it probably isn’t

Over the course of the past few months, we’ve heard an awful lot about Samsung’s much-anticipated upcoming flagship smartphone of 2017, the Galaxy S8 — and now it looks like we may be getting our first proper glimpse at the design of the device, thanks to a leaked photograph that surfaced on Chinese social networking website Weibo earlier today, which corroborates everything we’ve previously reported about its appearance.

As you can see in the image below, the most noticeable difference between the purported Galaxy S8 and its predecessor is the omission of the physical home button and capacitive navigation keys. What’s strange, however, is that there don’t appear to be any on-screen buttons, either. Typically, when you head into Settings, they don’t automatically hide — so we’re left wondering whether the photo is a product of some Photoshop wizardry.

Full article - SamMobile

Galaxy-S8.jpg

Damn.... that looks good. Wonder wear the fingerprint went.... I know there was something somewhere I read about reading it on the screen or something...

michellej

Expert Member
Damn.... that looks good. Wonder wear the fingerprint went.... I know there was something somewhere I read about reading it on the screen or something...
Apparently on the back according to a article I read yesterday

Magnum

Expert Member
Still rocking an S3. This thing is solid. Not even a broken screen once. Wristwatches tend to only last me 3 - 4 weeks then they bust.

This could be the best look yet at the Samsung Galaxy S8 display

2017-01-19 07_30_55-This could be the best look yet at the Samsung Galaxy S8 display _ AndroidAu.png

The image was posted by the DforDesign Twitter account, and shows two display shells that are supposed to be for the Galaxy S8 and the larger S8 Plus. Both look like they have curved screens with very little bezel. They also both look much like the smartphone mockup that was used in the recent videos from Samsung’s Display division.

Android Police also points out the many sensor windows on top of both display shells, which may indicate the Galaxy S8 could have features like iris scanning that was included in the aborted Galaxy Note 7. In any case, bear in mind that this image has not been confirmed as coming from Samsung, and it could just be a clever mockup, so take this report with a grain of salt appropriate for this kind of leak.
AndroidAuthority

Genisys

Executive Member
Oh, look at that innovation. Just like Apple they also have a "plus" now.