Samsung Galaxy S8

... and for those of you that like a more naked look and don't mind voiding a warrantee he is an option
[video=youtube;Is8xVvXEnag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is8xVvXEnag&sns=em[/video]
I would buy any phone that did that cover as a standard. I like it.
 
I love it as well and would take that option any day. Just look at some of the old watch masterpieces that show of the insides!
 
Playing with one now not liking it. It just doesn't feel right and from what I can see the charging port is different

its a type C charging point instead of micro USB. a new standard is what we have to do if we want faster charging.

I agree on the just doesnt feel right in the hand though. I did not get an oppertunity to play wiht the plus, but the regular S8 did not feel right, that is why I have the LG G6.
play with that a bit and see how it feels
 
The nice thing about the new changing port is that it goes in any way.
 
Has anyone gone for the Vodacom pre order? And if so have they called you to confirm?
 
Has anyone gone for the Vodacom pre order? And if so have they called you to confirm?
My experience is that Vodacom pre order " call centre." ( via website) is a waste of time.
I pre ordered way back, from my regular go to, Vodacom Shop. They phone me on launch day ( 21 April ) and i collected S8 + next day.
 
I think the S8 plus on Telkom is great value. R699 including FreeMe 1gb is the cheapest I have seen.
This means the phone cost is R600pm which equates to R14 400 in total. This is cheaper than the retail price of the S8 plus.

FreeMe also provides the greatest value according to Tarrific. The network quality is the only problem for me.
 
Last edited:
Finally got mine from MTN yesterday. S8 Orchid Gray
 
PSA:Get rid of Vodacom's crap on your S8+

Caution: here be dragons! This is not an offer of support, nor a guarantee of success. If you choose to do this, you are ON YOUR OWN!!! This is specific to the S8+ - I don't know if it is repeatable on the smaller S8.

The way in which Samsung is treating CSC collections have changed. They have reverted to much larger groups of CSC collections in their firmware packages, meaning that we can no longer change CSC at will without impact.

Vodacom's supplied handsets now have their own unique CSC (OVF I think, I didn't note this down before flashing my S8+). BTU is no longer available on it's own(for those that are familiar with the unbranded, open UK firmware).

I downloaded and flashed an OXM CSC firmware, and even though it is supposed to default to an XEU CSC code (https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37105) (general Europe region), I got an XFE (SA specific, unbranded), which persisted after doing a factory reset.

So what, you may ask? Using Samsung's Smart Switch to do an emergency re-initialisation (guide here), rolled back to the full, default, factory issued Vodacom CSC based firmware with all their red crap. I could repeat the flash to XEU, giving me XFE again!

This is what I used: http://fws02.updato.com/GALAXYS8%2B/SM-G955F/BTU/SM-G955F_1_20170412091552_740kc0n5kn_fac.zip

Once again, use AT YOUR OWN RISK. Your results may vary, and you alone are responsible if things go wrong.
 
Last edited:
PSA:Get rid of Vodacom's crap on your S8+

The way in which Samsung is treating CSC collections have changed. They have reverted to much larger groups of CSC collections in their firmware packages, meaning that we can no longer change CSC at will without impact.

Vodacom's supplied handsets now have their own unique CSC (OVF I think, I last saw this before flashing my S8+, read the caveat!). BTU is no longer available (for those that are familiar with the unbranded, open UK firmware).

?

Model SM-G955F
Model name Galaxy S8+
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 7
Changelist 11168760
Build date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:35:33 +0000
Security Patch Level 2017-04-01
Product code BTU
PDA G955FXXU1AQDD
CSC G955FOXM1AQDD

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8/SM-G955F/BTU/download/G955FXXU1AQDD/128840/
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X