Samsung Galaxy2

phoneJunky

Executive Member
Well, if Samsung doesn't up their game with the froyo update then I don't think they are going to be too successful in SA. People are going to jump ship to HTC.

bex.cpt

Expert Member
http://www.gsmarena.com/dualcore_orion_cpu_and_1gb_ram_for_the_galaxy_s2-news-2238.php

I just got my Galaxy. I can't afford to get another one now already.:crying: This seems so cool though. Improve the battery life and we might have a winner.

WTF next. do I really want my mobile phone to have a bigger processor than my Notebook? :D I think there is point where they go to far. Bigger processor and better graphics means poor battery life well in the end it will. Mobile phone already have more processing power than the computers used for "Moon Landing" :p

corp

WTF next. do I really want my mobile phone to have a bigger processor than my Notebook? :D I think there is point where they go to far. Bigger processor and better graphics means poor battery life well in the end it will. Mobile phone already have more processing power than the computers used for "Moon Landing" :p

Bigger is better...how dare you!! I do agree though the battery power must be improve. The technology exists so why people have not put it into mass production I don't know.

irshaad

battery improvement important, however big leaps already being made in improving component efficiency, eg. Super AMOLED, intels new microchip design, etc

Qrox

Expert Member
Think this should be an awesome phone. They are just too expensive to own in SA. All of the apps updates, social networking, etc is really great, but all of that uses data and data just eats through your wallet. It would be awesome if you could get this phone with something like the BIS service from BlackBerry

Qrox

Expert Member
The only contract that seems remotely affordable is business call but the call rates after that aren't pretty. It also feels like such a waist to buy a data bundle just to be able to enjoy all of the phone's features.

mcryan

Expert Member
More processing power is NEVER a bad thing. Besides, the battery live in this is no worse than your "average" smart phone. My current smartphone barely gets me through a day of heavy usage.

Can't wait for this to come out here.