SAPO: Tracking international parcels

PKruger

Hello everyone,

I have two parcels (ordered from AliExpres using "registered" post) that have arrived in SA. I can track them via 17track with their status being "2021-09-29 09:01 South Africa, Delivery in Progress" and "2021-10-11 01:05 South Africa, In transit".

I took a chance and contacted SAPO and asked when the parcels will be ready for collection, and they replied that the tracking numbers I gave them are invalid, since they "should start with two letters, followed by nine digits and two letters"

So, although I can track them using 17track, SAPO can not track them on their system. Is there any way I can get the SAPO tracking numbers for my international tracking numbers?

TIA!

PKruger

Unfortunately, for both, it gives "No tracking information is available for this item. You may try the tracking service provided by the origin post." The carrier for both is SUNYOU, so I went to their tracking website, and for both, I get a new "Last mile number" which matches the SAPO requirements. I contacted SAPO again with these numbers and await their reply. The status of the one is:
9/29/2021 9:01 AMUnsuccessful deliveryZA54148Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Unfortunately, for both, it gives "No tracking information is available for this item. You may try the tracking service provided by the origin post." The carrier for both is SUNYOU, so I went to their tracking website, and for both, I get a new "Last mile number" which matches the SAPO requirements. I contacted SAPO again with these numbers and await their reply. The status of the one is:
9/29/2021 9:01 AMUnsuccessful deliveryZA54148Missed Delivery/Attempted delivery today
Missed delivery means it at post office, yeah makes no sense but that's normally how it works

XTM

Hello everyone,

I have two parcels (ordered from AliExpres using "registered" post) that have arrived in SA. I can track them via 17track with their status being "2021-09-29 09:01 South Africa, Delivery in Progress" and "2021-10-11 01:05 South Africa, In transit".

I took a chance and contacted SAPO and asked when the parcels will be ready for collection, and they replied that the tracking numbers I gave them are invalid, since they "should start with two letters, followed by nine digits and two letters"

So, although I can track them using 17track, SAPO can not track them on their system. Is there any way I can get the SAPO tracking numbers for my international tracking numbers?

T expect any good
By the way why the hell you still using sapo as a courier?

PKruger

I was able to locate and collect the parcel :cool: I used 17track to track the "Last mile number" which showed the actual post office branch name.

So, for parcels shipped from AliExpress using SUNYOU:
  • track using 17track until it reaches SA
  • track using SUNYOU tracking until it shows "Last mile number"
  • track "Last mile number" using 17track for post office branch

Spontaneous spinach

Expert Member
I was able to locate and collect the parcel :cool: I used 17track to track the "Last mile number" which showed the actual post office branch name.

So, for parcels shipped from AliExpress using SUNYOU:
  • track using 17track until it reaches SA
  • track using SUNYOU tracking until it shows "Last mile number"
  • track "Last mile number" using 17track for post office branch
How many years did it take to reach South Africa?

PKruger

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Shipped on 2021-08-26 from China, JHB Int Mail Centre (Incoming) on 2021-09-13, arrived at the local post office on 2021-10-06, and collected on 2021-10-19

hj007

Expert Member
Is it possible to track any local registered letters in SA from post office?
postoffice website for tracking seems to be down - and has been for months...

hj007

Expert Member
yip those sites seem to not respond and just die for me and throw up a "did not respond" message.

1637739307775.png

and why would it go to somewhere like exeter game reserve? :unsure:

Does your tracert go somewhere else out of interest?

hj007

Expert Member
Thanks! Using my vpn I seem to be able to access their site, so possibly an issue on the route somewhere...

Reactions: ahf