SARS E-Filing 2018

Lupus

Honorary Master
Sounds like the SARS of old is gone, last year I didn't even get a cent back.

Perrie

has anyone seen this error before?

We could not display your calculation.
9863 - OUTSTANDING RECOGNITION OF TRANSFER

R13...

Honorary Master
I see they have some kind of verification of your IRP5. I wonder if it means you wouldn't be asked for docs if all you have is an IRP5. On the other hand I'll file in 2 months or so, no use hurrying up just to wait.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So just out of curiosity i called them this morning, basically, all the people that file early will be "reviewed"
They can review me all they want and take how long they want, I'm not getting any money anymore. Calculator shows I owe them R31...

oraclebob

That just means you had the money in your pocket, instead of it lying around with SARS, not getting any interest.
Which is a concept that quite a lot of people find difficult to grasp.
I like the 'forced saving' aspect of it though. I don't let my employers take RA or Med aid into account. :p

I'm a regular efiling administrator at an audit/accounts firm if anyone needs help.
(also - if there are any experienced users who can help with a technical RAV01 query - please let me know)

oraclebob

has anyone seen this error before?

We could not display your calculation.
9863 - OUTSTANDING RECOGNITION OF TRANSFER
Nope. Never seen that one. Calculation errors are usually because of Tax Directive discrepancies. Recognition of Transfer seems to refer to the new ROT01 and ROT02 forms. You might need to get your employer to give you a copy of any tax directive that they've applied for on your behalf if there's a problem with your assessment (ie - the dreaded "this assessment requires manual intervention" message.)

Last edited:

Perrie

Nope. Never seen that one. Calculation errors are usually because of Tax Directive discrepancies. Recognition of Transfer seems to refer to the new ROT01 and ROT02 forms. You might need to get your employer to give you a copy of any tax directive that they've applied for on your behalf if there's a problem with your assessment (ie - the dreaded "this assessment requires manual intervention" message.)
Thanks for the info, my employer changed to a new provident fund. Do you maybe think that might be cause?

Last edited:

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
So, seems that the popular opinion is to wait til the 30th as usual to do it? Or later?

ijacobs3

Expert Member
So, seems that the popular opinion is to wait til the 30th as usual to do it? Or later?
or at least the first,

at least (hopefully) those of us that filed early, will be first in line with the reviews :crylaugh:

oraclebob

Thanks for the info, my employer changed to a new provident fund. Do you maybe think that might be cause?
Most likely the provident fund transfer required a directive/ROT to have been done. That is the most likely cause. You can probably submit the form without to much worry since the transfer shouldn't affect the calculation, but if the assessment is held up, you're going to have a few headaches.

oraclebob

fwiw I'll be doing mine on monday (1 July). I have a ton of returns for friends/family/clients to do, but mine always goes in first.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
or at least the first,

at least (hopefully) those of us that filed early, will be first in line with the reviews :crylaugh:
Oh well. Last 2 years I've done it on the 30th, but this time it seems too risky. Not that I have anything to assess, simple medical aid deductions, that's all, so not even sure they'll have anything to look at. Even my return amount will be the same as last year.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Apparently my colleagues at the new company's IRP5's aren't available yet, the lady responsible told my colleague that everyone's is "blocked because SARS flagged it".

Is this something that's possible? She's not in today, so no way to directly verify, and it doesn't currently affect me as I started here after Feb. It will, however, affect me in the future if something is up.

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Apparently my colleagues at the new company's IRP5's aren't available yet, the lady responsible told my colleague that everyone's is "blocked because SARS flagged it".

Is this something that's possible? She's not in today, so no way to directly verify, and it doesn't currently affect me as I started here after Feb. It will, however, affect me in the future if something is up.
i got mine last week already from our company, maybe the company is blocked somehow?