SARS E-Filing 2018

air

Expert Member
done and dusted, both SO and myself - small bit of randjies coming our way - not selected for audit :)

koogs

What browser are you guys using to submit your returns?

I have tried Firefox and Chrome and I cant get my return to load..... Its gets stuck on "busy preparing your form":confused:

air

Expert Member
I have tried Firefox and Chrome and I cant get my return to load..... Its gets stuck on "busy preparing your form":confused:
Chrome - Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

You'll need to disable the built in pdf reader on Chrome.

Koosvanwyk

Improvements? Are you sure about this? The reason I ask is during last tax season we renovated a double garage into a flat which we started renting out. Pretty much loaded all the building costs onto the return
(
But those don't seem like improvements to me. Those were necessary building costs in order to covert your garage into a letable flat.
It is not clear from the original post under what section of the ITA the cost incurred was claimed, BUT expenditure of a capital nature does not qualify as a general deduction under section 11(a). Nevertheless, section 11(d) makes provision for the deduction of
expenditure incurred on repairs for the purposes of trade provided that certain requirements are met. Does not sound like repairs either ("renovated a double garage into a flat which we started renting out").

In any event, clearly the SARS team that did the verification was rather junior, this sound like capital cost (pre-trade expenses incurred in order to get the asset ready or for the creating a source of income, these expenses are therefore mostly of a capital nature).

HowTo

Expert Member
Morning

Done waiting for my money. Every year I do it on the 1st July because SARS owes me money.
So why wait.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Medical aid has the wrong freaking out of pocket amount on their certificate, so cannot do my efiling until thats resolved, they send me the tax certificate and I still cannot find out where they came out with that amount.

Ho3n3r

Honorary Master
Medical aid has the wrong freaking out of pocket amount on their certificate, so cannot do my efiling until thats resolved, they send me the tax certificate and I still cannot find out where they came out with that amount.
What's the amount they have vs. the amount you have?

Perrie

Yes

SARS is still busy reconciling data on their side (a ROT - "Recognition of Transfer" is a tax application when you transfer benefits from your employer sponsored retirement fund to another fund, or between preservation funds) you should wait until Monday next week and see if the error is still there

It is risky to submit now already as you might get comeback from SARS if there is any change in your data between now and when tax season opens !!
Now the error has changed to this:

Unfortunately SARS cannot perform a tax calculation based on the data submitted in your return. Please make sure you have completed your return correctly and try again. If this problem persists your return may require manual assessment.

iFan

So I usually file around the 1st or 2nd. But now under ITR 12 I don't see a return issued? Anybody else have that?

Shall I push the button to request a return?

iFan

Never mind, I hit the button to request and it appeared. Odd, never had to do that

Just completed mine - requested a calculation but got a note saying SARS could not process my calculation and that I must check after 24 hours... I am not going to submit before I see that calculation.

Reaper84

Expert Member
This is why I submitted yesterday morning.

Not flagged for Audit and statement of account says I get paid tomorrow :D

Perrie

I tried a calc and now Im getting both awaiting results and mine has now been filled all of a sudden..