• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

SARS E-Filing 2018

Hxx

I filed and submitted supporting docs on the 2nd - got selected for verification. No feedback or completion letter as yet. Has anyone that filed on the 2nd and been selected for verification got completion letter or refund?
I am in the same situation - only I filed on the 1st.... uploaded documentation.... a receipt of documentation received.... and then nothing...

Purply

Expert Member
I filed and submitted supporting docs on the 2nd - got selected for verification. No feedback or completion letter as yet. Has anyone that filed on the 2nd and been selected for verification got completion letter or refund?
Same, still no completion letter either.

Classic_Man

sars.PNG I logged on now and pulled a fresh SoA. I saw something remarkable. My verification has not been completed since 1 July, there is no letter of completion or any other request for information or letters/notifications about anything. However if you look closely, you'll see that the answer to question "SELECTED FOR AUDIT OR VERIFICATION" is NO. previously this was YES. Everything else on my SoA is exactly the same as before except for this little detail. Calling them now, will give you guys feedback.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
View attachment 536161 I logged on now and pulled a fresh SoA. I saw something remarkable. My verification has not been completed since 1 July, there is no letter of completion or any other request for information or letters/notifications about anything. However if you look closely, you'll see that the answer to question "SELECTED FOR AUDIT OR VERIFICATION" is NO. previously this was YES. Everything else on my SoA is exactly the same as before except for this little detail. Calling them now, will give you guys feedback.
Nice payout!

Moto Guzzi

Ok, I got paid, so for me it went like this, visit their branch last 3 years due to e-filing rather than anything else, I filed on the 4th....Status=Return received......5th=Hve been accessed.........12th=Paid, no other messages, checked yesterday.
So it went well afterall just took longer than the usual 3 days.

Classic_Man

Ok, I got paid, so for me it went like this, visit their branch last 3 years due to e-filing rather than anything else, I filed on the 4th....Status=Return received......5th=Hve been accessed.........12th=Paid, no other messages, checked yesterday.
So it went well afterall just took longer than the usual 3 days.
Great, congrats. Let's hope the same happens for the many others on here! Don't spend it all at once

chrisc

Executive Member
My cousin in the UK bought a house in Lime Regis. I went there and stayed rent-free for 22 months. Part of the time I was there, I supervised the renovation and assisted with some of the electrical work

She did not pay me or anything, except for the materials I had to buy in connection with the work. This was just under £1400

Shortly after I left, the house was rented out

Moto Guzzi

Missing links.....

Great, congrats. Let's hope the same happens for the many others on here! Don't spend it all at once
I just looked again, although paid, no notices or SMS's or anything received from their side that a payment was done, so theres a missing link for you towards e-Filing.

Classic_Man

View attachment 536161 I logged on now and pulled a fresh SoA. I saw something remarkable. My verification has not been completed since 1 July, there is no letter of completion or any other request for information or letters/notifications about anything. However if you look closely, you'll see that the answer to question "SELECTED FOR AUDIT OR VERIFICATION" is NO. previously this was YES. Everything else on my SoA is exactly the same as before except for this little detail. Calling them now, will give you guys feedback.
Had an interesting conversation with SARS earlier. After a little digging they found that my assessment had been verified and completed on 10 July. There is a completion letter with the same date addressed to me on the backend system but only they can view it. They said that payment of refund should be completed within 7 working days from the 10th. So I should get my money on 18 July. Bear in mind that my efilling profile does not indicate any of this, everything is still exactly the same as it was since 1 July so I don't have a view of what they have done in the back end. My advice is that you call the call centre and get an update on your verification/audit/refund instead of relying only on what you see on efilling or on your SoA.

Last edited: