SARS E-Filing 2018

Cius

Executive Member
So I got a tax consultant to look at mine and I missed something. They had my figures from my medical aid already loaded which differed from last year. So in essence we had medical expenses of about 100K last year over and above my medical aid payments reflected on the tax certificate, of which about 86K was for my daughter's disability. Thing is there was a section on the form that had the 100K already listed, and then I went and added the 86K as a disability claim, so I was double listing the expenses without realizing it. I have decided it will just be better to use a tax consultant going forwards to make sure it is all good. Anyways, my consultant has filed a correction for me. Will see what comes of it.

Edit 2018-11-12
Just got notice on the efiling account. Letter of completion. The letter before that was asking for a ton of info but the consultant called them and hopefully it means the next step is I get paid. Will see. I have asked my tax person to log in and check if all is OK and if I am understanding it all correctly.

From what I can tell, and I admit a vast amount of confusion around it, they now owe me about 40% less than my first assessment which was incorrect. It is still a tidy amount of money though (about 2 and a half months tax back) so hopefully it hits my account soonish.

Last edited:

Leeash

21 days later after verifying my banking details still no refund.

Called the CC on Friday and was told by the consultant that they dont have a turn around time for refunds but will escale the query and I will receive an sms of the escalation. NO SMS or REFUND

Cius

Executive Member
I got paid out a few days back. Was fairly quick once my tax person filed the correction.

Leeash

Me as well. Tired of calling the CC and you hear the same response "refund query has been escalated and my manager who is very hands on will get back to you....". To date no response

Philter

Hi, I am a provisional tax payer. I get a monthly salary from my UK employer and it is paid into my UK account. I work from home in SA. I am completing my ITR12 but the home expenses field is greyed out. Any idea?

KingBel

Expert Member
Hi, I am a provisional tax payer. I get a monthly salary from my UK employer and it is paid into my UK account. I work from home in SA. I am completing my ITR12 but the home expenses field is greyed out. Any idea?
I'm assuming you are the same person that asked the question on Twitter. Generaly the fields are made available based on your selection in the 'wizard' at the top of the form. Please double check your selection. If you still have issues, please send me an email at webmaster@sars.gov.za so that I can check with the eFiling team.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Its now a month since I've sent my docs for audit. Nothings happened. Do I just wait it out?

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
You live the dream I wish to have. Live/Work in SA and get paid in GBP.

Good luck with your question

PhireSide

Executive Member
Received feedback that my refund would be paid into my account today and I just got the SMS now.

It only took the better part of five months:ROFL: