SARS E-Filing 2018

R13...

Honorary Master
Odd that the one year I owe them money they don't ask me to submit docs. Bastards been asking for docs for the last 4 years or ao

LaraC

Honorary Master
Filed my return today and was greeted with this message.

Payment should be made by 2018-11-30 after which interest will accrue on this assessment as from 2018-11-01
Shouldn't it be the end of January 2019? :(

Still waiting for my refund to be paid (15 working days later) after being told by the SARS consultant that my refund will be paid within 7 working day after I submitted my banking details at the SARS office. I called the SARS contact centre yesterday and was told that my documents were uploaded on the system and the banking details need to be verified and there is no turn around time for the refund to be paid:mad:

It seems that every consultant you speak to has a different reason for the refund not being paid.

3lOH55A

Expert Member
Strange, I have been asked every year to submit my receipts. I even did it this year again on their request.
You probably submit extra medical expenses other than your monthly medical aid contribution? Then they do ask for the slips.

I always wait on average 4-6 months before getting my refund. I do however pay myself a car allowance and submit a log book.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Hey ArtyLoop. Just got a notice but they are now asking for more docs. No idea what they want as I submitted everything I have put on the tax return and work provided my main docs. My main concern is they want individual slips for all the medical expenses. I was relying on them accepting my medical aid statement. Did you have to submit individual medical slips?
Yes I do the slips thing... my dad taught me to do that since I started working..

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Penalties are RARELY enforced on private individuals. I never filed (never knew, the thing told me I'm under the income scale) until last year, WHAM 5 years' worth of penalties waiting for me. Filed my returns and immediately got the cancellation of penalties notice.

Penalties are RARELY enforced on private individuals. I never filed (never knew, the thing told me I'm under the income scale) until last year, WHAM 5 years' worth of penalties waiting for me. Filed my returns and immediately got the cancellation of penalties notice.
The first two years of non-compliance is waived on first request. After that the free ride is over.