SARS E-Filing 2019/20

marco79

Expert Member
Does anyone know when individual tax return filing season starts? Is it still 1 July?

marco79

Expert Member
I know there were proposals to move it to September, but I haven't seen anything official yet.

Also what was the talk of auto refunds being done from 1 June?

Shi

Expert Member
https://www.sars.gov.za/TaxTypes/PIT/Tax-Season/Pages/default.aspx

Taxpayers, your turn to file your tax return starts on 1 September this year. The good news is that a significant number of individual taxpayers will be auto-assessed this year, and this process will happen in August. No need to call us, we will send you an SMS if you are selected to be auto-assessed. If you accept your auto-assessment, any under or overpayment of tax will be processed as normal. If you want to edit your return, you can file your return on eFiling from 1 September

groesbec

I checked on eFiling and noticed that my 2019/2020 return has been issued. The only problem is IRP5 details are not yet appearing on the assessment. As soon as I have a copy of my IRP5, I plan to complete and submit my assessment. Will keep everyone updated on what happens.

groesbec

I checked on eFiling and noticed that my 2019/2020 return has been issued. The only problem is IRP5 details are not yet appearing on the assessment. As soon as I have a copy of my IRP5, I plan to complete and submit my assessment. Will keep everyone updated on what happens.
My return has been filed and flagged for an audit. Had to provide a copy if IRP5, medical aid tax certificate and vehicle logbook. This has been uploaded as well. Will update on refund as soon as this has been received.

OhDeer

I tried requesting my 2020 return on E-filing. It opens a pop up asking me to confirm that I am either a deceased or insolvent estate or emigrating, to continue. So it looks like I can't file yet.

LaraC

Honorary Master
I tried requesting my 2020 return on E-filing. It opens a pop up asking me to confirm that I am either a deceased or insolvent estate or emigrating, to continue. So it looks like I can't file yet.
It is a bad idea to file before tax season opens. It may cause differences between your IT3 and SARS 3rd party records. :)

r4nd0m

Same, but I see that I now have 2019 as non-submitted because I was audited (and cleared).

Weird because they already gave me an ITA34 and deposited my return last year. :unsure:

marco79

Expert Member
My return has been filed and flagged for an audit. Had to provide a copy if IRP5, medical aid tax certificate and vehicle logbook. This has been uploaded as well. Will update on refund as soon as this has been received.
Did you click the pop up confirming you are deceased, insolvent or emigrating, to continue?

I think I clicked it a few years ago before the opening of filing season and populated everything as no details were preloaded at the time. I was selected for verification, and after submitting copies of tax certificates, my IRP5 & mileages, everything was approved.