SARS E-Filing 2019 OPEN!

millennia

can't view the calculations....installed adobe cr#$%, used IE, Chrome, Edge and the app, but the calculation will not show :-(
If it's doing that irritating page cannot be generated error, then simply click the download button within Acrobat and then you should be able to open it fine.

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
What exactly do they mean by destination? I never had to provide a destination.
Town/Area or actual business visited? Also, do I do this for private trips to? Not that its any of their business when I go visit teazers.
I use a Journey Organiser (Buy them from Tiger wheel and tyre). Does that all for you. Just tap on private or business every week to organise the trips. Or daily, whichever you prefer.

AshenP

can't view the calculations....installed adobe cr#$%, used IE, Chrome, Edge and the app, but the calculation will not show :-(
Same here.. just getting a blank page with no errors or anything

shinji

Is your PAYE deducted monthly and you have payslips to prove this?

So you’re saying your company owes SARS for the whole 2018/2019 assessment period?
Yes, apparently.

Waiting whole day for big boss to have a chat with him to ask "Hey boss, where is my IRP5?".

Accountants have confirmed that an amount is outstanding for PAYE thus they can not populate an IRP5 for me like they did in 2017.

quovadis

Expert Member
Yes, apparently.

Waiting whole day for big boss to have a chat with him to ask "Hey boss, where is my IRP5?".

Accountants have confirmed that an amount is outstanding for PAYE thus they can not populate an IRP5 for me like they did in 2017.
Sounds like a mess. Do you get a payslip showing a PAYE deduction every month?

shinji

Sounds like a mess. Do you get a payslip showing a PAYE deduction every month?
Yes I did - last one was for May 2019.
Does show PAYE and UIF deductions.
Neither of which have been paid to the respective structures.
Fun part is I can do my return the 'long way' by using 2018's IRP5 and submitting payslips etc. (as per SARS via telephone).
Funnest part, everything was paid 100% on time last year.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
Fun part is I can do my return the 'long way' by using 2018's IRP5 and submitting payslips etc. (as per SARS via telephone).
I don't understand why they would tell you to use 2018's IRP5. Different tax year, different salary, different tax rates and bands. It really has nothing to do with 2019.

If you don't have the IRP5 info in your tax return, it means the employer has not submitted the EMP501, and possibly all its monthly EMP201's. They are in for a whole world of pain. 10% penalties and interest, charged monthly. Only companies facing bankruptcy go down this rabbit hole. If I was you I would start looking for another job.

shinji

I don't understand why they would tell you to use 2018's IRP5. Different tax year, different salary, different tax rates and bands. It really has nothing to do with 2019.

If you don't have the IRP5 info in your tax return, it means the employer has not submitted the EMP501, and possibly all its monthly EMP201's. They are in for a whole world of pain. 10% penalties and interest, charged monthly. Only companies facing bankruptcy go down this rabbit hole. If I was you I would start looking for another job.
Same salary (sadly) - not sure why, maybe for the admin details (address etc.) and the payslips for the technical bits?

Anyway - maybe I'm lucky and the knob decides to 'pay in the money' this week.

I am due quite a fat refund with medical aid, annuities, medical costs etc. being claimed.

aqua02

What your company is doing is fraud, I would report them to SARS if I were you.

Where have they been keeping the PAYE deducted from your pay? Go to SARS with your payslip from March 2018 up to Feb 2019 and ask them to assist you to file your return.

shinji

What your company is doing is fraud, I would report them to SARS if I were you.

Where have they been keeping the PAYE deducted from your pay? Go to SARS with your payslip from March 2018 up to Feb 2019 and ask them to assist you to file your return.
This is Plan B.
And yes, "die hare gaan waai" - I will report them to SARS for sure.

quovadis

Expert Member
The payslips you need to technically protect yourself are from 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019. Any previous IRP5s have absolutely nothing to do with the current tax year for submission as your tax tables change annually and are not valid for the new tax submission. Without proof of the PAYE being withheld SARS generally will make the employee liable so beware. I'm not sure how your company is doing this as companies submit EMP201 submissions monthly and do bi-annual EMP501 submissions to reconcile these payments and will be heavily penalised if they are incorrect.

shinji

The payslips you need to technically protect yourself are from 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019. Any previous IRP5s have absolutely nothing to do with the current tax year for submission as your tax tables change annually and are not valid for the new tax submission. Without proof of the PAYE being withheld SARS generally will make the employee liable so beware. I'm not sure how your company is doing this as companies submit EMP201 submissions monthly and do bi-annual EMP501 submissions to reconcile these payments and will be heavily penalised if they are incorrect.
Luckily I've been a big pain regarding my payslips, so they are up to date (to find them in my 'pile of documents' is another story).
Heaven knows how this company operates. The owners are of "Sub-Continent orientation" thus things are a tad 'fluid' - we apparently have 3 sets of books and 4 bank accounts... yep.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
If the IRP5 is not appearing in the tax return of the employee then it means the employer is not even submitting EMP201's and the EMP501's, nevermind not paying over the actual withheld PAYE. It would be another story if the employer was submitting the EMP201's and EMP501's but then failing to make payment on those returns cos then at least the employee would see the IRP5 in his tax return. Not submitting PAYE returns is a criminal offence, but failing to pay money assessed on those returns is usually treated as a civil debt recovery by SARS.

shinji

If the IRP5 is not appearing in the tax return of the employee then it means the employer is not even submitting EMP201's and the EMP501's, nevermind not paying over the actual withheld PAYE. It would be another story if the employer was submitting the EMP201's and EMP501's but then failing to make payment on those returns cos then at least the employee would see the IRP5 in his tax return. Not submitting PAYE returns is a criminal offence, but failing to pay money assessed on those returns is usually treated as a civil debt recovery by SARS.
I'll check things out in the morning, maybe the system didn't pick up all the details or something...

Now to go home and enjoy a nice Brandy and do some gaming!

quovadis

Expert Member
Luckily I've been a big pain regarding my payslips, so they are up to date (to find them in my 'pile of documents' is another story).
Heaven knows how this company operates. The owners are of "Sub-Continent orientation" thus things are a tad 'fluid' - we apparently have 3 sets of books and 4 bank accounts... yep.
Well just bare in mind to cover your own ass because the tax man always gets paid one way or another.