SARS E-Filing 2019 OPEN!

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Just logged in and voila, 2019 return waiting for me :)

Turns out EFiling has had a nice software upgrade (slick new interface), and my return shows I'm going to be getting my best yet refund from SARS ... R10 800 (purely off medical aid and RA contributions).

Go go gadget!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Doesn't show anything to work with in IE11 for me when opening the ITR12, but works fine in Opera.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Doesn't show anything to work with in IE11 for me when opening the ITR12, but works fine in Opera.

Remember the big thing with SARS E-Filing's site is the same each year: you HAVE to disable your browser's built-in PDF viewer, or else it just won't work (and the PDFs it downloads won't show anything). I use Chrome and have disabled the built-in PDF viewer plug-in, so it fires up Adobe and everything works perfectly :)

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Remember the big thing with SARS E-Filing's site is the same each year: you HAVE to disable your browser's built-in PDF viewer, or else it just won't work (and the PDFs it downloads won't show anything). I use Chrome and have disabled the built-in PDF viewer plug-in, so it fires up Adobe and everything works perfectly :)

And since when does one have to do that in Internet Explorer 11? Which has been used thought the ages for e-filing without having to do that ;)

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
And since when does one have to do that in Internet Explorer 11? Which has been used thought the ages for e-filing without having to do that ;)
Well good, IE needs to die :p I'm happy the SARS developers are finally developing for modern browsers.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member

Turns out EFiling has had a nice software upgrade (slick new interface), and my return shows I'm going to be getting my best yet refund from SARS ... R10 800 (purely off medical aid and RA contributions).

Go go gadget!

Do you mean everything was filled in by them as they in any case received the info from the same sources you receive it from under more simple circuimstances as well as medical aid, and your refund just shown, you did nothing.

If so then thats how SARS should have worked years ago, why must we just repeat what they already got-?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Do you mean everything was filled in by them as they in any case received the info from the same sources you receive it from under more simple circuimstances as well as medical aid, and your refund just shown, you did nothing.

If so then thats how SARS should have worked years ago, why must we just repeat what they already got-?

For if there is a mistake like with me now. I didn't get paid R1669 by Old Mutual. I just checked my bank statement for that FY, no such amount either. I have never ever withdrawn any retirement funds either. Now I owe SARS apparently.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
For if there is a mistake like with me now. I didn't get paid R1669 by Old Mutual. I just checked my bank statement for that FY, no such amount either. I have never ever withdrawn any retirement funds either. Now I owe SARS apparently.

Yes so if theres a sudden difference and/or you disagree, you just file as normal, it overrides what they got, you supply your documents, they sort it out quickly, problem solved. Lets see if this goes smoothly...

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Old Mutual is the only irp5 I'm waiting for. Typical same every year.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Yes so if theres a sudden difference and/or you disagree, you just file as normal, it overrides what they got, you supply your documents, they sort it out quickly, problem solved. Lets see if this goes smoothly...

Nope, not as easy as that, I cannot just correct it, and I don't have anything to supply to disprove Old Mutuals allegation of me receiving funds:

1561153126767.png

So I will have to deal with Old Mutual first.

Dark Agent

Expert Member
Completed my one on Chrome.
Getting a refund of R2.4k base on calculation.
Waiting for finalization.

Last edited:

Foxhound5366

Executive Member

That's right. My employer IRP5, Old Mutual tax certificate and Discovery Health medical aid details were all there. I didn't enter a thing apart from updating personal info and the usual confirmations. All done in like ten minutes or less.

Nemoneiros

Executive Member

Go go gadget!
I've started, filled everything in except the gains and losses for my Investec funds. Not sure which one to select for that from the dop down

1561187801445.png

But thanks for the early heads up, I'll just run my return by my financial advisor on Monday ;)