SARS E-Filing 2019 OPEN!

Lord Farquart

Expert Member
2016 I got R442k back on PAYE. :)

Will be interesting to see what this one produces. I was a tax payer for only one month. R0.0 would be cool.

HugoSmith

Also, on my wife's tax correction for FY2017 i get the following error: sars ITR12 bank details same as U3TM-does anyone know what this indicates?

ijacobs3

Expert Member
last time i filed early, it turned into a headache, will wait for the 1st , lol

Neuk_

Expert Member
I logged on and started completing my ITR12 but will wait until July to submit as filing season hasn't officially opened and I need some supporting documentation.

dammert89

Also, on my wife's tax correction for FY2017 i get the following error: sars ITR12 bank details same as U3TM-does anyone know what this indicates?

Hi there,

possible that there are multiple accounts/profiles for the same taxpayer or bank details are linked to multiple taxpayers.

The U3TM is used so that all tax products for a specific entity/individual are linked to the same person, if I recall it has to do with multiple databases that SARS merged, resulting in double entries of individuals/entities, which resulted in a person both owing money to SARS and supposed to be getting a refund and these amounts were not offset against each other.

Best solution would be to visit a branch in regards to this, bank verification will most probably need to be done again (And possibly a merge of all active/inactive profiles).

HugoSmith

Hi there,

possible that there are multiple accounts/profiles for the same taxpayer or bank details are linked to multiple taxpayers.

The U3TM is used so that all tax products for a specific entity/individual are linked to the same person, if I recall it has to do with multiple databases that SARS merged, resulting in double entries of individuals/entities, which resulted in a person both owing money to SARS and supposed to be getting a refund and these amounts were not offset against each other.

Best solution would be to visit a branch in regards to this, bank verification will most probably need to be done again (And possibly a merge of all active/inactive profiles).

Thanks for the advice!!

HugoSmith

For some reason I have an IRP5/IT3(a) from OLD MUTUAL EB MUTUALPARK with code 3920

View attachment 675447
https://www.sars.gov.za/AllDocs/OpsDocs/Guides/PAYE-AE-06-G06 - Guide for Codes Applicable to Employees Tax Certificates 2019 - External Guide.pdf

Don't know what this is about. I didn't withdraw any lumpsum. Aaaarrrrrgggg!
I have the same problem-all other info up to date, but it does not want to provide a calc- i suspect it is because of this--and good luck in trying to find out from Old Mutual, i held on for 30 minutes, just to be transferred twice, somebody saying i should call SARS, then saying they will call me back...still waiting.

R13...

Honorary Master
Wonder if they've stopped it. Says, "return cannot be issued...blah blah... Try after 24 hours". Not that I could file, but it'd be good to see if I owed them or they me.

koogs

How do you check a Statement of Account?

Did my return yesterday and I am due a nice refund.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
"
Your return could not be issued at this time. Please try again in 24 hours.​
"

R13...

Honorary Master
"
Your return could not be issued at this time. Please try again in 24 hours.​
"
Got the same. I suspect they opened it prematurely and everyone else must needs wait until July 01 of 20 and 19.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Well that's just fantastic. I got my ITA34 Notice of Assessment and was NOT selected for audit, but all of a sudden I log in and see this ... and then check my e-mail to discover that I've been selected for a "Verification of Income Tax Return". Any clue why that would happen AFTER an ITA34 has been issued without audit?

documents for review.JPG
*sighs* My company hasn't issued us with our IRP5s so now I need to go chase on that, so stupid.