SARS E-Filing 2019 OPEN!

lkswan747

Expert Member
I submitted documents yesterday evening and got a confirmation letter after 60mins..... Any one that had to be verified/audited got a refund so far?
Still waiting for my refund despite having submitted all supporting documents three days ago. It seems as if this is a delay tactic from SARS so they can earn interest on the money they owe us! My original return stated that it was not subject to audit or verification yet I was requested to submit all supporting documents, WTF.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Still waiting for my refund despite having submitted all supporting documents three days ago. It seems as if this is a delay tactic from SARS so they can earn interest on the money they owe us! My original return stated that it was not subject to audit or verification yet I was requested to submit all supporting documents, WTF.
Have you received a letter since submitting the documents to say verification complete?

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
SOA have a date?

SyncopicNexus

I have only gotten a notice of assessment. Did mine this morning. The Due Date on the Notice of Assessment says 2020 LOL :crying:. I am hoping that a Notice of Assessment is different from a SOA and will get a better date on the SOA LOL :)

aqua02

I have only gotten a notice of assessment. Did mine this morning. The Due Date on the Notice of Assessment says 2020 LOL :crying:. I am hoping that a Notice of Assessment is different from a SOA and will get a better date on the SOA LOL :)
The notice of assessment will say 31/01/2020, that's just a default date for all returns. If you submitted today and have not been selected for verification, you need to check your SOA tomorrow morning for a refund date.

SyncopicNexus

The notice of assessment will say 31/01/2020, that's just a default date for all returns. If you submitted today and have not been selected for verification, you need to check your SOA tomorrow morning for a refund date.
Awesome. Thanks for the info :).

FlashSA

Executive Member
No - it only said:
"The South African Revenue Service (SARS) acknowledges receipt of your supporting documents."
Just received an SMS stating this - 60min after submitting the documents, so same timeline as yours.

I noticed that this year they only asked me for my IRP5 document, but I still submitted ALL of my supporting documents just in case. In previous years they were not specific and stated one should submit ALL supporting documents.

aqua02

This is what my SOA says? Paid and reversed on same day?
View attachment 676781
Unfortunately the call center won't be assisting with 2019 returns before the official assessment period, try them on July 1st and ask what's the reason for the stopper.

Did you perhaps change any contact or banking details for this return?

Archer

Honorary Master
I sold my primary residence in the last tax year, but it's not clear to me where this needs to be reflected on my return (if at all?).

And I'm assuming I don't tick the box for "Remuneration for foreign services" since none of that came into SA? I mean I was living and working outside the SA at that point. Also had to temporarily uncheck "Did you cease to be a resident" in order for the calculation to go through (if anyone else is struggling with that)

FlashSA

Executive Member
I sold my primary residence in the last tax year, but it's not clear to me where this needs to be reflected on my return (if at all?).

And I'm assuming I don't tick the box for "Remuneration for foreign services" since none of that came into SA? I mean I was living and working outside the SA at that point. Also had to temporarily uncheck "Did you cease to be a resident" in order for the calculation to go through (if anyone else is struggling with that)
I sold my primary and only property in the previous financial year (last year's return). I never entered it anywhere on last year's return, but I did declare the interest income from the sale proceeds that I had invested in a money market account. All was fine.

I think you would need to declare capital gains tax if you had sold a secondary property....

Archer

Honorary Master
I sold my primary and only property in the previous financial year (last year's return). I never entered it anywhere on last year's return, but I did declare the interest income from the sale proceeds that I had invested in a money market account. All was fine.

I think you would need to declare capital gains tax if you had sold a secondary property....
I found the section - last question on the wizard "did you receive any other income"
Then in the income section in the drop down there is something about capital gain from a primary residence. I didn't gain more than R2mil so no impact but at least the return is more complete now :p

initroot

Seems broken for me tho. I've ticked other expenses still unable to input my home expense portions.