Scott's Shipping Services - FORMERLY UNDER "POSSIBLE LIQUIDATION"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was using Netcash, so i used my credit card to pay.
Was he using Netcash right till the end?
I've never actually heard of them but it seems they are a legit payments solution.
 
Was he using Netcash right till the end?
I've never actually heard of them but it seems they are a legit payments solution.

They rebranded from PayGate a while ago. I believe he was offering card payments until the news started breaking so pretty close to where he posted the messages.
 
Was he using Netcash right till the end?
I've never actually heard of them but it seems they are a legit payments solution.
I submitted my order on 10th July, so quite close to his final moments, i think about a week or two before he admitted he was folding. I'd emailed him a couple of times because i knew he hadn't purchased my item, because it was a unique item and was still displaying on the web site as For Sale.
 
I submitted my order on 10th July, so quite close to his final moments, i think about a week or two before he admitted he was folding. I'd emailed him a couple of times because i knew he hadn't purchased my item, because it was a unique item and was still displaying on the web site as For Sale.
Interesting because some people in this thread say he'd removed all card payments for months before he'd folded.
 
Interesting because some people in this thread say he'd removed all card payments for months before he'd folded.
I don't know if he had other type of card payment options on his site before i got there which he may have removed. I'm just grateful i picked the card option from Netcash.
 
I don't know if he had other type of card payment options on his site before i got there which he may have removed. I'm just grateful i picked the card option from Netcash.
True.
I've also learnt the hard way that when ordering online never pay via eft, card payments only, debit or credit cards because both have the same protections for online payments.
 
True.
I've also learnt the hard way that when ordering online never pay via eft, card payments only, debit or credit cards because both have the same protections for online payments.
I wasn't aware that Debit cards had the same protection. As far as i know, it was Mastercard that had the 40 day protection, not Standard Bank as such, though obviously they are the proxy.
 
I think it's more accurate to say they have "similar" protection,when it comes to chargebacks it should be fairly similar.
Stolen/CNP protections is where it's more differentiated
 
I wasn't aware that Debit cards had the same protection. As far as i know, it was Mastercard that had the 40 day protection, not Standard Bank as such, though obviously they are the proxy.
Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards will chargeback if whatever you ordered was not fulfilled/delivered and if I recall correctly it has to be done within 120 days from purchase.
They give the merchant 20 days grace after delivery eta to fulfill the order but by the time people open a chargeback that grace period has typically already passed and after investigation they issue the chargeback on the spot.
 
I think it's more accurate to say they have "similar" protection,when it comes to chargebacks it should be fairly similar.
Stolen/CNP protections is where it's more differentiated
I did qualify my statement by referencing "online payments", from the research I have done and speaking to FNB investigators when it comes to chargebacks for online orders the cover is virtually identical whether it is a debit or credit card. And very similar with stolen/CNP transactions, Capitec had no problem issuing a chargeback when my debit card details were stolen and used in the USA with a CNP food purchase of R5k.
 
Last edited:
Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards will chargeback if whatever you ordered was not fulfilled/delivered and if I recall correctly it has to be done within 120 days from purchase.
They give the merchant 20 days grace after delivery eta to fulfill the order but by the time people open a chargeback that grace period has typically already passed and after investigation they issue the chargeback on the spot.
Mastercard is 40 days. I think Visa may be longer, but i am unsure.
 
I did qualify my statement by referencing "online payments", from the research I have done and speaking to FNB investigators when it comes to chargebacks for online orders the cover is virtually identical whether it is a debit or credit card. And very similar with stolen/CNP transactions, Capitec had no problem issuing a chargeback when my debit card details were stolen and used in the USA with a CNP food purchase of R5k.
Agreed,i'm just elaborating
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X