airborne
Honorary Master
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2007
- Messages
- 29,580
- Reaction score
- 15,949
Chargeback?I got refunded by Mastercard.
How did you manage that if he disabled card payments for months before the "liquidation"?
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Chargeback?I got refunded by Mastercard.
He was using Netcash, so i used my credit card to pay.Chargeback?
How did you manage that if he disabled card payments for months before the "liquidation"?
Was he using Netcash right till the end?He was using Netcash, so i used my credit card to pay.
Was he using Netcash right till the end?
I've never actually heard of them but it seems they are a legit payments solution.
![]()
Online Payment Solutions South Africa | Netcash
Manage cash flow effortlessly with Netcash's secure online payment solutions. Streamline your business with our comprehensive services.netcash.co.za
Just to clarify, is this SAPS or SAPO?
Probably! Result will still be the same.SAPO is going to think that you are complaining about their own crook employees and bosses
I submitted my order on 10th July, so quite close to his final moments, i think about a week or two before he admitted he was folding. I'd emailed him a couple of times because i knew he hadn't purchased my item, because it was a unique item and was still displaying on the web site as For Sale.Was he using Netcash right till the end?
I've never actually heard of them but it seems they are a legit payments solution.
![]()
Online Payment Solutions South Africa | Netcash
Manage cash flow effortlessly with Netcash's secure online payment solutions. Streamline your business with our comprehensive services.netcash.co.za
Interesting because some people in this thread say he'd removed all card payments for months before he'd folded.I submitted my order on 10th July, so quite close to his final moments, i think about a week or two before he admitted he was folding. I'd emailed him a couple of times because i knew he hadn't purchased my item, because it was a unique item and was still displaying on the web site as For Sale.
I don't know if he had other type of card payment options on his site before i got there which he may have removed. I'm just grateful i picked the card option from Netcash.Interesting because some people in this thread say he'd removed all card payments for months before he'd folded.
True.I don't know if he had other type of card payment options on his site before i got there which he may have removed. I'm just grateful i picked the card option from Netcash.
I wasn't aware that Debit cards had the same protection. As far as i know, it was Mastercard that had the 40 day protection, not Standard Bank as such, though obviously they are the proxy.True.
I've also learnt the hard way that when ordering online never pay via eft, card payments only, debit or credit cards because both have the same protections for online payments.
Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards will chargeback if whatever you ordered was not fulfilled/delivered and if I recall correctly it has to be done within 120 days from purchase.I wasn't aware that Debit cards had the same protection. As far as i know, it was Mastercard that had the 40 day protection, not Standard Bank as such, though obviously they are the proxy.
I did qualify my statement by referencing "online payments", from the research I have done and speaking to FNB investigators when it comes to chargebacks for online orders the cover is virtually identical whether it is a debit or credit card. And very similar with stolen/CNP transactions, Capitec had no problem issuing a chargeback when my debit card details were stolen and used in the USA with a CNP food purchase of R5k.I think it's more accurate to say they have "similar" protection,when it comes to chargebacks it should be fairly similar.
Stolen/CNP protections is where it's more differentiated
Mastercard is 40 days. I think Visa may be longer, but i am unsure.Visa or Mastercard debit and credit cards will chargeback if whatever you ordered was not fulfilled/delivered and if I recall correctly it has to be done within 120 days from purchase.
They give the merchant 20 days grace after delivery eta to fulfill the order but by the time people open a chargeback that grace period has typically already passed and after investigation they issue the chargeback on the spot.
Mastercard is also 120 days for online orders that have not been fulfilled.Mastercard is 40 days. I think Visa may be longer, but i am unsure.
Agreed,i'm just elaboratingI did qualify my statement by referencing "online payments", from the research I have done and speaking to FNB investigators when it comes to chargebacks for online orders the cover is virtually identical whether it is a debit or credit card. And very similar with stolen/CNP transactions, Capitec had no problem issuing a chargeback when my debit card details were stolen and used in the USA with a CNP food purchase of R5k.