SEACOM suffers more downtime

PsychoR8der

Such fail. I thought that they planned on having cable redundancy in place to prevent something like this happening again. Oh well....

purejimcn

quite disappointing... any news on how EASSY can help with the problem?

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
When SEACOM was contacted for comment about the problem they referred MyBroadband to their agency, College Hill, which they said will give feedback to consumers about the SEACOM downtime.

SEACOM’s PR agency College Hill was contacted for more feedback about the problem and when consumers can expect it to be resolved, but College Hill said that "they are in a meeting and can therefore not inform consumers about the SEACOM downtime."
lol. No wonder they got such a scathing tone in the article. PR agency my ass.

Such fail. I thought that they planned on having cable redundancy in place to prevent something like this happening again. Oh well....
You can't "add" redundancy to a single cable.

mystic007

Does SEACOM still rely on the SEA-ME-WE 4 cable for connectivity through the Suez canal and onwards to Europe? The problem appears to lie with a "transmission partner's cable" and not with the SEACOM cable itself.

Quote from SEACOM's Twitter feed:

Due to a fault on a transmission partner’s cable 3.7kms from Alexandria, Egypt, certain clients are experiencing service degradation...

g-d-zilla

I don't care what Axxess & Afrihost or SEACOM or Internet Solutions have to SAY about it ... SEACOM must get the damned thing fixed IMMEDIATELY. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for excuses, I have ZERO TOLERANCE for DOWNTIME, and I have ZERO TOLERANCE for INEPTITUDE.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY MONEY that I pay for the service. Now the SERVICE has to be supplied otherwise their WORDS are mere VAPOUR and MEANINGLESS RHETORIC.

saffakanera

Expert Member
I don't care what Axxess & Afrihost or SEACOM or Internet Solutions have to SAY about it ... SEACOM must get the damned thing fixed IMMEDIATELY. I have ZERO TOLERANCE for excuses, I have ZERO TOLERANCE for DOWNTIME, and I have ZERO TOLERANCE for INEPTITUDE.

There is NOTHING WRONG WITH MY MONEY that I pay for the service. Now the SERVICE has to be supplied otherwise their WORDS are mere VAPOUR and MEANINGLESS RHETORIC.

I have ZERO TOLERANCE for CAPS.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones

So move to an isp that uses sat3.

Corgon

Chill the **** out. 3-4 hours is not exactly a huge amount of downtime.

Flojo

Expert Member

Who made you God.

Reminds me of a child that cant get his way. Grow up and get over it.

prOd

Expert Member

Cool story bro.

Now move to a different ISP with your ZERO TOLERANCE policy.

VioAdmin

Expert Member

+1! Don't let other people tell you how to express yourself. Such downtime is not acceptable in the other country, but once again, in SA the average consumer acts like this is a 'normal' thing. IT IS NOT. A company that overseas these cables is mega rich and they should have other solutions. We need more people with your mindset! In Europe or US, if a major cable like this goes down for more than 3 hours, someone gets fired on the SPOT, natural cause or not.

We are in technology age, "Sh!!t happens" should not be a valid excuse when we dishing out R1,000+ rand for internet per month.

HapticSimian

Honorary Master

*sees bandwagon

jUsT lAy YoUr OwN cAbLe ThEn, WhY dOn'T yOu! Service will be interrupted now and again. I suggest you see a professional regarding your anger issues.

medicnick83

Paramedic
At work we have our normal line and then another line with Vodacom business.

We always have backups ;) A smart company plans accordingly.