Second hard lockdown warning for South Africa

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member
Second hard lockdown warning for South Africa

President Cyril Ramaphosa will address the nation this week as the number of COVID-19 cases in South Africa continue to rise.

Speaking on SABC News, Leanne Manas said Ramaphosa confirmed this at an event over the weekend.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So lockdowns are obviously not to prepare the Healthcare systems as we were all lied to back in March, cause governments are just throwing them around like this. People really need to remember they are the bosses of the politicians not the other way around.
Also are the deaths rising to match? Are the number of hospital beds increasing? Also ffs haven't they learnt the more tests you do the more you find? On the days they did get 2k they had done 20k or over on tests and on the days they did 10k tests they only did 1k or under. I mean freaking hell this is ridiculous.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I hope Ramaphosa reads the room and understands that things will get very ugly very quickly if they attempt to impose stricter lockdowns.
Please, when has that ever happened. If he read the room we would've been at level one back in August.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Than again they've been threatening a return to hard lock down since June.

Acid0

Expert Member
So lockdowns are obviously not to prepare the Healthcare systems as we were all lied to back in March, cause governments are just throwing them around like this. People really need to remember they are the bosses of the politicians not the other way around.
Also are the deaths rising to match? Are the number of hospital beds increasing? Also ffs haven't they learnt the more tests you do the more you find? On the days they did get 2k they had done 20k or over on tests and on the days they did 10k tests they only did 1k or under. I mean freaking hell this is ridiculous.
Not in this country, we throw our toys out a bit and get arrested for terrorism, others burn down stuff and the government just stand by and do nothing. They dont care and will do what ever they can to stay in power

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
Not in this country, we throw our toys out a bit and get arrested for terrorism, others burn down stuff and the government just stand by and do nothing. They dont care and will do what ever they can to stay in power

African problems require African solutions... maybe loot a store or two then burn them down or a government building.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
I hope Ramaphosa reads the room and understands that things will get very ugly very quickly if they attempt to impose stricter lockdowns.
I do not think it will happen. These warnings are aimed at increasing compliance, and I expect Ramaphosa to ask people to adhere to the regulations.

If there is a change, it may be that bars and shebeens are closed again. It looks like that is where the problems are.

Swa

Honorary Master
We'll see. Wasn't the reasoning behind the lockdown to prepare the healthcare system? Who is it that failed then? It is unconstitutional to have a lockdown to try to stop the virus. "Second waves" are a sham anyway being a combination of areas that didn't experience an outbreak yet plus more testing plus an increase in the number of false positives. You don't see the bodies piling up everywhere that there's these "second waves".