Second hard lockdown warning for South Africa

dj2381

Expert Member
It's so annoying. Everywhere I see people without masks.

At the gym we are so few people who follow the rules. People are just idiots. If there's a hard lockdown coming then it's their own fault.

I've also seen this at my gym, and the staff don't seem to enforce it, walking right past people wearing their chin diapers, but for shopping malls and outside I see everyone wearing masks, shopping malls wont let you inside without one anyway.

Anthro

Expert Member
Put on your Tinfoil hat for one second, and see the plans unfold.

To quote some online themes "Nothing can stop what is coming"
Capture.PNG

Solitude

Executive Member
Perhaps that's a local issue. Parents, and I'm not excusing or condemning them either way, can't be expected to police their kids every minute they are playing outside. Not humanly possible.Kids will be kids.

As I said, my experience has not been the general utter disregard and carelessness you seem to indicate.
If anything, it's the exception from my experience, rather than the rule.

I also drove to Hartbeespoort the other day. On the road to there there would be groups of people who don't wear masks. The absolute worst I saw was there by Cosmo City. The streets are full of people. Many not wearing masks or having them under their chins.

Mila

Honorary Master
It's so annoying. Everywhere I see people without masks.

At the gym we are so few people who follow the rules. People are just idiots. If there's a hard lockdown coming then it's their own fault.
I go to the gym daily.
Everyone abides by the mask law.
We even do yoga with masks on.
Most people sanitize their equipment and it is generally more clean and less packed than ever.
It might be one or two gym not enforcing the rules.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
21 December to 4 January probably.

This could be a cash cow for the hospitality industry, people would have to book the entire 2 week period for their trip

Johnvgb

I do not think it will happen. These warnings are aimed at increasing compliance, and I expect Ramaphosa to ask people to adhere to the regulations.

If there is a change, it may be that bars and shebeens are closed again. It looks like that is where the problems are.
The cops are too scared to police the shebeens.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
December most businesses are closed anyway so the economic impact will be minimal
That habit has been changing over the last few years, most businesses don't close over christmas anymore. They may close between Christmas and new years at the most.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Don't need a hard lockdown but do need social distancing enforced and large public gatherings (over 10) banned.

B-1

Expert Member
Its not about the virus i is about control.

Yip, its seems the anc's authoritarian wishes are starting to materialise. All the threatening articles the last while are very telling. Doesn't bode well for our future.

Mila

Honorary Master
Better question which businesses still operate in a meaningful way between late December - early January?
In all my working years I have encountered two restaurants that closes over the holiday period and it’s because the owners had restaurants at the coast that they would go run.

lawyers? Because the court closes from the 15th construction? Bit would you close this year when you have losts other month's?
I would not.

friedpiggy

Expert Member
Social distancing has been taken a bit far in some cases though. During level 3 a couple of people shouted at my wife and I for holding hands while we went for a walk. FFS we live together, have our meals together and even *gasp* sleep in the same bed. Holding hands while out for a walk is not going to affect the chances of one of us passing it on to the other in any significant way.