Second hard lockdown warning for South Africa

Solitude

Executive Member
It's so annoying. Everywhere I see people without masks.

At the gym we are so few people who follow the rules. People are just idiots. If there's a hard lockdown coming then it's their own fault.

MirageF1

Executive Member
It's so annoying. Everywhere I see people without masks.

At the gym we are so few people who follow the rules. People are just idiots. If there's a hard lockdown coming then it's their own fault.
On the contrary, I find most people adhering to mask wearing and social distancing on the streets, shops, malls which is why a further lockdown is so annoying and self defeating.
Even the homeless and beggars here in CT for the most part

1 gym isn't representative of the entire population.

BraBean

Honorary Master
Why does it look kind of flattened to me? Looks very low, compared to few months back. I don't see a upward trend.

Capture.JPG

In this LINK the graphs suggest that active and total cases is flattening out. Am I reading it wrong or am I not reading the motive here?

Solitude

Executive Member
On the contrary, I find most people adhering to mask wearing and social distancing on the streets, shops, malls which is why a further lockdown is so annoying and self defeating.

I just mentioned the gym as reference. I see people on the streets without masks. On my facebook feed I see social gatherings where nobody's wearing masks. Here in our complex all the kids play together without wearing masks.

MirageF1

Executive Member
I just mentioned the gym as reference. I see people on the streets without masks. On my facebook feed I see social gatherings where nobody's wearing masks. Here in our complex all the kids play together without wearing masks.
Perhaps that's a local issue. Parents, and I'm not excusing or condemning them either way, can't be expected to police their kids every minute they are playing outside. Not humanly possible.Kids will be kids.

As I said, my experience has not been the general utter disregard and carelessness you seem to indicate.
If anything, it's the exception from my experience, rather than the rule.

sandwitch

Sit outside some schools and watch parents dropping off and picking up their children from school. They don't wear masks when they walk up to the gates. They freely hug each other. And when you ask them to wear their masks they think it's the end of the world and you're the fun police.
And the most frequent phrases in schools are, "Put your mask on properly!" and "Why didn't you sanitise?!"

Most of the children say they don't wear masks when they play with their friends, and their parents don't wear masks either, so why should they bother.

BraBean

Honorary Master
Theory : SARS didn't reach it TAX revenue target for October. They spread fear of a second lock down, booze sales skyrocket and upped the Tax revenue ===Target made.

Won't happen.

People said that in March, too.

s0lar

Expert Member

Not here man. Kids don’t leave the house without a mask and respect distancing.

Your neighborhood perhaps?