Selling Old PC Games

deliengs

Hi All,
Wanted to check if it is at all possible to sell old PC games. I have a couple of PC Disk games but I'm not sure what the restriction is with regards to cd keys/licenses and the different accounts you have to activate them on.

Is there way to sell them?

ODTech

Hi All,
Wanted to check if it is at all possible to sell old PC games. I have a couple of PC Disk games but I'm not sure what the restriction is with regards to cd keys/licenses and the different accounts you have to activate them on.

Is there way to sell them?

As long as they don't require any online service to activate and only needs the Disk as DRM then it's pretty safe to sell i assume.
Some software publishers likely have some rules about not being allowed to sell second hand but nobody cares. Looks at Playstation second hand disc market, it's alive and well.

GoB

Expert Member
Generally a PC game license is for single use.
You can save money on legal games by selling it illegally I guess. :)

deliengs

Thanks guys, good to know. its some old games like assassins creed, modern warfare 2 etc, all of those use online services so I'm pretty much buggered there!:crying:

absynth

Expert Member
Yup,if its been activated on steam then those disk are worth nothing as the game's activation code is linked to the steam account it was activated on.

Zoopy

Banned
Yup,if its been activated on steam then those disk are worth nothing as the game's activation code is linked to the steam account it was activated on.

Heh, I often see Steam games in Cash Crusaders. I'm assuming some clueless sod buying them from sneaky sellers.