senetic.co.za

yogidabear

I was going to get the USW-16-POE which is R7600 at scoop.
With Senetic with USW-24-POE is R7 800 + R500 delivery = R8 300
Dealer price incl VAT at Scoop and Uniterm is R7762.50 so you can buy locally cheaper and dont know why you would import? Remember when buying grey products you not supporting the correct channel and taking a risk with local compliance and any possible shipment inspections.

SAguy

Executive Member
Dealer price incl VAT at Scoop and Uniterm is R7762.50 so you can buy locally cheaper and dont know why you would import? Remember when buying grey products you not supporting the correct channel and taking a risk with local compliance and any possible shipment inspections.

How do I get dealer price if I'm a normal consumer?

yogidabear

Uniterm gives dealer prices to mybroadband members, unless thats stopped now? This is still a fairly new product so its not everywhere yet and maybe still pricey retail but there are options locally that are preferable to importing grey

skyw4lk3r

Sorry but have to disagree with your logic...
Who defines what is the "correct" channel?
Definitely buying locally will support the local economy. But if its much cheaper from an international seller, why not?
Happy buyer happy seller. Customs fees sorted out legally. Senetic handles returns and RMAs well.

yogidabear

Sorry but have to disagree with your logic...
Who defines what is the "correct" channel?
Definitely buying locally will support the local economy. But if its much cheaper from an international seller, why not?
Happy buyer happy seller. Customs fees sorted out legally. Senetic handles returns and RMAs well.
With big brands the manufacturer establishes the correct channel so if you want to see where to buy Ubiquiti in SA you go here https://www.ui.com/distributors/ This problem with selling outside your area started in Europe as cross border trade was made so easy, and now its a world wide problem manufacturers are trying to contain.

When you say customs fees that is not all that is required and if customs does an inspection and asks for either your Type Approval or LOA you will have an issue. In Europe it works as you have the CE approval and that also makes the cross border trade easier, however in SA the CE and FCC mark mean nothing and you have to get local approval.

Priapus

Executive Member
Uniterm gives dealer prices to mybroadband members, unless thats stopped now? This is still a fairly new product so its not everywhere yet and maybe still pricey retail but there are options locally that are preferable to importing grey

Yeah that's not the same switch. Show me where I can get a Ubiquiti 24 port, (24 PoE) 250W switch, locally, for R7800. (US-24-250W)

Disagree with your logic. You're wrong in this case.

Priapus

Executive Member
Update: Senetic says my order was shipped today via DHL. Let's see how long it takes to get here.

yogidabear

Yeah that's not the same switch. Show me where I can get a Ubiquiti 24 port, (24 PoE) 250W switch, locally, for R7800. (US-24-250W)

Disagree with your logic. You're wrong in this case.
SAguy was referring to the new USW-24 not the old US-24 and was his post I quoted

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Put in an order for:
2x Ubiquiti UniFi Long Range APs

FNB Fraud picked it up and blocked the transaction and my credit card. Busy sorting it out with them now.

Order worked out ~R800 cheaper than Scoop though.

simonbee

any idea how we can get dealer prices when ordering from uniterm?

yogidabear

any idea how we can get dealer prices when ordering from uniterm?
They used to have a MYBB account so anybody from here could quote and get dealer price. Unless like I said in my original post they stopped the account.

SAguy

Executive Member
I ordered the switch from takealot who had a really low price.

My order was cancelled due to no stock and now I have to wait 5 days to get my money back.

ripclaw

Expert Member
Another satisfied Senetic customer here.

I ordered some batteries for my APC UPS on Monday. They shipped on Tuesday and were delivered to me earlier this morning. One of my key concerns was that there are a number of resellers of batteries which aren't genuine APC products. I can assure everyone that I received the genuine APC product and my UPS is ready to protect my NAS against load shedding and other power outages.

Priapus

Executive Member
Curious, did you get your order? How long did it take and what was the experience like?

Ahh I totally forgot to update this thread. :whistling:

The switch arrived; within about two weeks or so after placing the order - maybe less. it wasn't long at all. 100% happy with the whole transaction.

topdog

With big brands the manufacturer establishes the correct channel so if you want to see where to buy Ubiquiti in SA you go here https://www.ui.com/distributors/ This problem with selling outside your area started in Europe as cross border trade was made so easy, and now its a world wide problem manufacturers are trying to contain.

When you say customs fees that is not all that is required and if customs does an inspection and asks for either your Type Approval or LOA you will have an issue. In Europe it works as you have the CE approval and that also makes the cross border trade easier, however in SA the CE and FCC mark mean nothing and you have to get local approval.
I call BS, The Ubiquiti devices you get all over the world are the same. Local Type approval by ICASA is just a rubberstamp nothing more. "Approved resellers" selling the same product for much more than you can source your self cannot be justified.

weaselwebb

Evening has anyone used Senetic recently, want to order some items comes in cheaper than all of the local dealers, as I cant get dealer prices only consumer prices.

Thanks