Sennheiser HD 451 Headphones

Fro

Hello

I saw the Sennheiser HD 451's are under R1 000 and read good things about them. I want to get my first quality set of headphones, closed back and over ear. Any thoughts on them, or any other recommendations? I'll be primarily using them with my phone.

Foxhound5366

Executive Member
Hello

I saw the Sennheiser HD 451's are under R1 000 and read good things about them. I want to get my first quality set of headphones, closed back and over ear. Any thoughts on them, or any other recommendations? I'll be primarily using them with my phone.

I can't comment on those specifically, but I'm a big Sennheiser fan! Nothing matches them for sound quality at a fixed pricepoint (on the budget end of the scale - the upper end is something I've never dabbled in).

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Hello

Some guys in the office use them - excellent quality.

Fro

I bought a pair today. Initial impressions are good. They're really comfortable and sound great, vocals sound especially great. Hozier and Corinne Bailey Ray sound great while Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris & Florence Welch show the great bass.

Cray

Honorary Master
I can't comment on those specifically, but I'm a big Sennheiser fan! Nothing matches them for sound quality at a fixed pricepoint (on the budget end of the scale - the upper end is something I've never dabbled in).

This, switched to Sennheiser about 5 years back, they are all that I use these days.

skimread

Honorary Master
That model looks like the earmuffs are foam material instead of leather. (Apologies for butchering the terminology)
Problem with the those earmuffs is that sound easily escapes so not suitable for the office where you can disturb others as well as you can hear outside noises easier.

skimread

Honorary Master
From the photo it's hard to tell what the earmuffs are made of but to me it looks like the foam material

product_detail_x1_desktop_square_louped_HD_451_sq-01-sennheiser.jpg

Fro

They aren't leather. Noise cancellation is good. The plastic build doesn't look or feel (texture wise) the best but it's sturdy/strong.

qqme

I've got a pair of HD461 which is basically the same headphones, the sound and cancellation is not bad but for me in ear earphones work much better with smartphones.

Fro

I don't like the fit of earphones, I think I have weird ears:crylaugh:. They never fit well and fall out very easily, especially when I move around. But I generally like the noise cancellation of earphones.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I have HD 477 that I bought back in 2002. Had to replace the cord a few times, actually need a new one now. Bought a Skullcandy Hesh2 last week as replacement and I think it might actually pull it off.