Sim swap on Cell C

Hi Yvette La Grange

We have tried to reach you on the 067** number. Please provide us with an alternative number we can reach you on or the best suitable time to call.

^NZ
hi,

i am currently at work. can you call back at 12:45?
i can not take calls during the day but you can call in my lunch time.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Thank you for getting back to us.

Pardon us for missing the call back time. Which other suitable time can we reach you.

^NZ

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
We will be helping you with the SIM swap.

It will take +-5 minutes.

^NZ

The_Traveller

Expert Member
@Cell_C

Hi

I too am having problems with a sim swap on a prepaid sim which was placed in a dual sim phone, and because I need the unique number, I was just sending an sms each month to keep the sim active.

I recharged this number many moons ago and because I cant tell the store when I recharged, they don't want to assist me.

Im even logged into to my profile on the CellC website and trying to retrieve info, but its not there.

How do I get help here ?

great news, one of the customer service agents phoned me now and the lady was really nice. spend like 7 minutes on the phone with me and confirmed that my sim swap was successful and i should wait 2hrs before using my new sim.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
great news, one of the customer service agents phoned me now and the lady was really nice. spend like 7 minutes on the phone with me and confirmed that my sim swap was successful and i should wait 2hrs before using my new sim.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
You are welcome.

^NZ

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
@Cell_C

Hi

I too am having problems with a sim swap on a prepaid sim which was placed in a dual sim phone, and because I need the unique number, I was just sending an sms each month to keep the sim active.

I recharged this number many moons ago and because I cant tell the store when I recharged, they don't want to assist me.

Im even logged into to my profile on the CellC website and trying to retrieve info, but its not there.

How do I get help here ?
Hi The_Traveller

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding a SIM swap.

Please note that the security check is a mandatory part of the SIM swap process. Cell C direct asks questions related to your SIM card activities if the SIM card is not registered with your details to confirm if you are the SIM card owner.

If the SIM card is RICA registered with your details, you can visit a Cell C store near you with your ID book and proof of residence for verification.

^NZ

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Hi The_Traveller

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding a SIM swap.

Please note that the security check is a mandatory part of the SIM swap process. Cell C direct asks questions related to your SIM card activities if the SIM card is not registered with your details to confirm if you are the SIM card owner.

If the SIM card is RICA registered with your details, you can visit a Cell C store near you with your ID book and proof of residence for verification.

^NZ
Hi,

That’s the thing, I went to the Forest Hill branch with ID, proof of res and a 1000 other things to show I own that number.

They still refused to help me because I can’t tell when I last recharged.

I will try another branch today, and will revert.

Thanks

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi,

That’s the thing, I went to the Forest Hill branch with ID, proof of res and a 1000 other things to show I own that number.

They still refused to help me because I can’t tell when I last recharged.

I will try another branch today, and will revert.

Thanks
Please do.

^NZ

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Please do.

^NZ
Ok I went to a certain store and they did the swap for me without question.

I don't know why one store would make it impossible and another so simple.

I mean if I went without any proof , then of course they cannot help me, but even after giving all my info , and they refuse , they should be reprimanded.

I am going to port this number to another provider...