Sim swap on Cell C

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Qaqamba

Please send us your details via private message. Don't share your personal information on the open platform, for security reasons.

^NT

Yoghurt

i have been trying to get back my number since last month. I called cell to request the sim swap but at all the time they said I've answered wrong one of the security questions and should go to a cell c store. My number was ported from MTN 2 years ago and i never went there for Rica and whatever.
Yesterday i went to cell c with an affidavit my id book and a proof address to request a sim swap and they said to me my number was registered with someone else name and they can't help with the sim swap. So all i ask is if they is somebody who can help me to resolve this matter please.. because all of my life is connected to this number. All of my work is lost if i don't get back the number. Thanks
Hello. I need to do a sim swap on cell c network. The problem is that I can't remember the date of my rechargeable details and the last three numbers I called. Please help

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hello. I need to do a sim swap on cell c network. The problem is that I can't remember the date of my rechargeable details and the last three numbers I called. Please help
Hi there

Unfortunately, we would recommend that you try to remember these details, should they be requested as a part of the security check. Please note that it would not be possible to process the sim swap, if you haven't passed the security check.

^MP

susefan

I swapped my physical sim for an esim at eastgate mall and though I was physically present with my id and proof of residence I still had to do that exam with questions like last five dialled numbers, last time I recharged, how much etc. I had my phone with me and banking app from where I buy airtime so I could just get the answers from there ( they allowed me to cheat the exam using my cellphone). I think I passed the exam because they swapped and gave me an esim voucher. Without my phone I would have failed those security questions. I am however happy that someone else will not have it easy to swap my CellC number.

AnelaN

Someone broke my locker at the gym and stole my phone. I have been using the sim card for about 7 years with no hassles. I have done about 3 swim swaps with the sim card and yesterday I called and requested Cell C to suspend my sim card of which they did. Today I called again requesting the phone to be blocked as I was unaware at the time that the phone has to be blocked in order to open a case.

I have failed their security checks for the first time today and when I enquired the consultant advised the sim card does not belong to me. I am frustrated because I bought this phone on the 25th last month and I can't even open a case. Please help I just want to be able to claim my phone back from my insurer. I have been using Cell C since 2012 and I was never disappointed this way with their service. This thing is erasing all the great memories I have had with their service. Please help as my insurer cannot do anything without the ITC number and I can't even do anything as well in relation to open a case for my new phone.

Cell_C

Cell C Representative
Company Rep
Hi Anele

Please check your private messages, we have already replied.

^MM