SpoonTech

Simfy outlines streaming music app plans

Little demand for Symbian and Windows Phone support for Simfy in Europe

No need to waste time developing a Symbian App. I am using a Nokia N8, because my BlackBerry died after five months. Phone has some good features, but the OS is terrible (unresponsive, and eats its own memory over time - kinda like a Windows installation)

Few other app's are available for Symbian, so there's no point in developers wasting their time.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
I've been very impressed with Simfy thus far. The desktop app is solid, streaming works great, the Android app is good, offline playback works fine and the track selection is excellent. R60 a month for an instant 18 million track library, no need to store anything locally, as much offline access across your devices as you want, playlists that 'sync' instantly across your devices, social functionality and an amazing means of discovering new music is an absolute steal for R60. You could spend that amount on Amazon or iTunes every month for a hundred years and you wouldn't come close to 1% of that amount of music.

roguemat

Expert Member
Most definitely need a Windows Phone app.
I would use this over the free Nokia Music if they had one.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Most definitely need a Windows Phone app.
I would use this over the free Nokia Music if they had one.

The developers said the demand for a Windows Phone app is too low to justify the cost of developing one. They did claim though that they're keen for SA feedback. Send them an email.

F

Fudzy

Great app, I can't get my head around how little the service costs.