So I went to Capitec

No. But I am happy with their low fees, good interest rate and not making me jump through hoops like a circus monkey to earn foofie points.
I must admit, the last point is pretty compelling. These clowns running points incentives are taking us for fools.
 
The app asked me for a selfie ( more like a face scan or biometrics) while using the app to to confirm logging onto their website.
 
The requirement of taking a selfie for about 30% of card payments is a nuisance. Yesterday was in a bike shop and could not get it to work.

After 8-10 unsuccessful attempts, the shop owner asked me to leave as I think he thought I had stolen or was not entitled to use the account

The amount was R1020,00
Haven't run into that, but the selfie stuff for activating the app does not seem to work with my current phone - it seems like the camera is too blurry or something...

(Galaxy A04 - cheapskate when buying phones...)
 
Last edited:
Why are the queues outside a Capitec ATM 14 miles long every day? Do the people not know that they can simply go inside Pick n Pay and draw cash at the teller? Or am I missing something?
 
Why are the queues outside a Capitec ATM 14 miles long every day? Do the people not know that they can simply go inside Pick n Pay and draw cash at the teller? Or am I missing something?

About half of the times that I try to draw cash with my purchase, the teller doesn't have cash.

Shops impose a lower withdrawal limit than ATMs.
 
About half of the times that I try to draw cash with my purchase, the teller doesn't have cash.

Shops impose a lower withdrawal limit than ATMs.
True true, but I do draw between R50 - R150 each time I am there so that I always have splash cash on me. I did try once before asking for R1000 and I got the bitch stare
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X