So I went to Capitec

I think eBucks guys shouldn't force others who are happy with capitec to change over. It's their decision and if they are happy about it then why should others worry ?

Why this debate happens continuously is very confusing. Are they commissioned ebucks agents? Why do they care this much about convincing us about the ebucks wonderfulness?

No problemo, I already said carry on. And no I don't work for a FNB.

Bottom line is Capitec is cheap on fees, with eBucks you basically pay no fees, and that's a fact.

People got all hot and bothered when I disproved their misconceptions, but hey, everyone can make up their own minds.
 
People got all hot and bothered when I disproved their misconceptions, but hey, everyone can make up their own minds.

I need to exercise my own advice, do not try to convert peeps to FNB - the more people that do move and get to RL5, the smaller the cookie becomes - others ignorance is bliss and benefits me :-)
 
Why this debate happens continuously is very confusing. Are they commissioned ebucks agents? Why do they care this much about convincing us about the ebucks wonderfulness?
Ebucks only works if the masses subsidise it. Take a look at all the complaining over the years as they've made it harder to earn to less. That's the nature of all rewards programs, word of mouth, the rewards get less and less as only the beneficiaries continue using it.

I don't have a problem trying to do it, but they should stop telling us it will work for everyone when we've already done the sums and realised it won't for us.
 
Not in the ebucks thread AFAIK?

EDIT: I like your idea with the FNB credit card. Might give it a bash.

Gold CC does cost like R43 per month (cheaper than the Cheque Card), you get internet banking and can use app and such, i also have a R4.95pm Easy Account that I transfer a R100 per month to from the CC to raise my ebucks rewards level. Do all my swiping on the CC, transfer money onto the CC from my Capitec account.

Have not changed any swiping habits for ebucks, but I earn about R75 in ebucks which now covers the cost of the CC, and otherwise my money is safe (love the dongle security) and earning decent enough interest with Capitec.

What Swa does say is true about any reward scheme, if everyone uses ebucks they'd cut and cut the rewards. For now I'll use it to make my FNB CC free.
 
Gold CC does cost like R43 per month (cheaper than the Cheque Card), you get internet banking and can use app and such, i also have a R4.95pm Easy Account that I transfer a R100 per month to from the CC to raise my ebucks rewards level. Do all my swiping on the CC, transfer money onto the CC from my Capitec account.

Have not changed any swiping habits for ebucks, but I earn about R75 in ebucks which now covers the cost of the CC, and otherwise my money is safe (love the dongle security) and earning decent enough interest with Capitec.

What Swa does say is true about any reward scheme, if everyone uses ebucks they'd cut and cut the rewards. For now I'll use it to make my FNB CC free.
So just to be clear all that "effort" for a R75 saving..? Seems a bit off to me. I've also been considering trying out ebucks more vigorously for a while (especially now with PnP having shifted the goalposts) but it always seemed like too much effort for little reward.

What are the rest of the fnb saving with their ebucks rewards?
 
So just to be clear all that "effort" for a R75 saving..? Seems a bit off to me. I've also been considering trying out ebucks more vigorously for a while (especially now with PnP having shifted the goalposts) but it always seemed like too much effort for little reward.

What are the rest of the fnb saving with their ebucks rewards?
Depends on many variables. I have been averaging 8-10% eBucks return on monthly spend, which I then spend at 40% off with vouchers.

But if it seems like too much effort for you, don't do it. Seriously, don't dilute my rewards, go for ucount or greenbacks, or absa rewards rather.
 
So just to be clear all that "effort" for a R75 saving..? Seems a bit off to me. I've also been considering trying out ebucks more vigorously for a while (especially now with PnP having shifted the goalposts) but it always seemed like too much effort for little reward.

What are the rest of the fnb saving with their ebucks rewards?

What effort? Opening the app and taking less than 20 seconds to do a transfer (this is just so I earn something decent for petrol swipes by being on a higher level, 2.5%)? Swiping my CC instead of my Capitec card? Doing one or 2 extra internet banking transactions while I do other transactions anyway on my Capitec account? If that's effort how do you even get out of bed in the morning? :p

I already had the FNB CC and it was unused. So I was paying R43pm and getting nothing (back when you had to pay to have ebucks and I don't pay to join rewards schemes). Now the CC is free with extra money on top. Last month I earned R117 in ebucks due to a trip, so more petrol bought.
 
Last edited:
No problemo, I already said carry on. And no I don't work for a FNB.

Bottom line is Capitec is cheap on fees, with eBucks you basically pay no fees, and that's a fact.

People got all hot and bothered when I disproved their misconceptions, but hey, everyone can make up their own minds.

Capitec = keep a R1000 in your account, month to month = no fees = fact
Keep it more than that and you get back in interrest = fact
 
Depends on many variables. I have been averaging 8-10% eBucks return on monthly spend, which I then spend at 40% off with vouchers.

But if it seems like too much effort for you, don't do it. Seriously, don't dilute my rewards, go for ucount or greenbacks, or absa rewards rather.
Well that's exactly my point. That would be worth it depending on how many hoops you have to jump through.

What effort? Opening the app and taking less than 20 seconds to do a transfer (this is just so I earn something decent for petrol swipes by being on a higher level, 2.5%)? Swiping my CC instead of my Capitec card? Doing one or 2 extra internet banking transactions while I do other transactions anyway on my Capitec account? If that's effort how do you even get out of bed in the morning?

I already had the FNB CC and it was unused. So I was paying R43pm and getting nothing (back when you had to pay to have ebucks and I don't pay to join rewards schemes). Now the CC is free with extra money on top. Last month I earned R117 in ebucks due to a trip, so more petrol bought.

Effort as in opening accounts etc for just a few more rands in ebucks. Guess I need to look into this more thoroughly.
 
Well that's exactly my point. That would be worth it depending on how many hoops you have to jump through.



Effort as in opening accounts etc for just a few more rands in ebucks. Guess I need to look into this more thoroughly.

Already had the gold CC and the easy account (cant pay for home affairs smart ID online with capitec or fnb cc)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X