So I went to Capitec

I'd rather take a much simpler fee structure and low bank fees then having to jump through hoops to earn ebucks that I can spend at stores that chop and change every month. No thanks.

if it was so easy all would do it. whatever blows your hair back bud. minor behaviour changes without spending more allows me to enjoy multiples of what I pay in bank/interest/opportunity costs. I am a keep it simple kinda guy, understand the basics and then profit, nuff said. I thank all who subsidise me.
 
if it was so easy all would do it.

From the article:

When it comes to pricing of branch transactions, Capitec’s rivals are all over the place. This is understandable as they have legacy physical footprints, with a far higher level of costs.

Loyalty programs always gets worse as time goes on and once they got you hooked. FNB is no exception.
 
then you were not doing it right and/or clueless and were more than likely subsidising me - thank you :-)
That's exactly my point. Spending and habits don't justify it for me so I never took it up because I would have been subsidising you. Ebucks only works for you if the vast majority of people subsidise it. By the looks of it it's failing. They've introduced various measures to curb ebucks earnings and make it harder to earn.
 
without prejudice - do I care about the rest(or those not willing to do the seemingly hard yards) - banking is a grudge 'purchase' for ALL and I am multiples to the good of what I spend. ;-)
 
Level 5 and I don't ;).

Islamic Gold Chq account (2 levels)
Gold credit card (1 level)
5k in savings pocket (1 level)
1 financial transaction on app (1 level)
Level 5 :D.
And then you still have to spend to get the ebucks, the point everyone misses.
 
And then you still have to spend to get the ebucks, the point everyone misses.

Glad to hear you never swipe :rolleyes:. It's free rewards man.

No need to change shopping habits if you don't want to. I would have my FNB credit card anyway, at least now I kind of cover the costs. And since ebucks doesn't have an annual fee anymore it usable...

Still have my Capitec account and it's the best, with the best security. But now my swiping happens with my FNB CC and I get ebucks. Thats the only habit I changed.
 
It's directly proportional to how much you spend. If you don't have a car for example then that is much less ebucks or are you going to tell me everyone has a car aswell?

Come on now. If you have a FNB card anyway it's a free benefit, if you don't then you don't, but that doesn't stop if from being a free benefit for someone else.
 
And then you still have to spend to get the ebucks, the point everyone misses.

Keep me honest Swa(it was some time back), you had a issue in separating interest received versus eBucks earned. (or something to that effect)
 
Glad to hear you never swipe :rolleyes:. It's free rewards man.

No need to change shopping habits if you don't want to. I would have my FNB credit card anyway, at least now I kind of cover the costs. And since ebucks doesn't have an annual fee anymore it usable...

Still have my Capitec account and it's the best, with the best security. But now my swiping happens with my FNB CC and I get ebucks. Thats the only habit I changed.
That's just it, my swiping wouldn't justify it. So I'll just get money to pay for a credit card I don't need and something I don't even like.

Keep me honest Swa(it was some time back), you had a issue in separating interest received versus eBucks earned. (or something to that effect)
Not sure what you're getting to?
 
That's just it, my swiping wouldn't justify it. So I'll just get money to pay for a credit card I don't need and something I don't even like.


Not sure what you're getting to?

Same here. Not to mention the marketing related sms/calls/e-mails because you belong to ebucks so you've automagically given consent to receive them and need to live with it. No thanks!

:D

As you were.
 
I'm guessing you eat air?

Go back and re-read my previous post when I said the minimum spend was 1k to recover your bank charges.

I think eBucks guys shouldn't force others who are happy with capitec to change over. It's their decision and if they are happy about it then why should others worry ?
 
Why this debate happens continuously is very confusing. Are they commissioned ebucks agents? Why do they care this much about convincing us about the ebucks wonderfulness?
 
Why this debate happens continuously is very confusing. Are they commissioned ebucks agents? Why do they care this much about convincing us about the ebucks wonderfulness?

Well, Capitec people also say how great Capitec is (which is true) in other threads, so they get commission too?
 
Well, Capitec people also say how great Capitec is (which is true) in other threads, so they get commission too?

I think everyone is entitled to their opinions but clever ones always keep their eyes open and grab the opportunity
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X