So I went to Capitec

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Got this e-mail:

tap to pay with our new global one card

You don’t have to pay more just because you earn more. And you don’t need to earn more to get our new card – it’s for everybody.
It will be available from 17 October, with the last roll out to the Free State, North West and Northern Cape from 24 October.

Our new card simplifies your banking, is convenient, safer and puts you firmly in control of your money.
• Tap and go for fast, easy payments when you’re in a hurry

• Go cashless. You don’t need to carry notes or coins. You also pay zero transaction fees for card payments

• You choose. If you don’t want to tap, you can use your card for normal chip-and-PIN transactions instead.

• It's the best card to travel with. You pay no currency conversion fees when traveling abroad

• Payments are secure. The card’s built-in chip ensures all your personal data is full encrypted

• You’re in control of your card. You don’t have to hand it over to someone else to pay

• Easily activate or deactivate the tap-and-go function on our app or at a branch

• Manage your card and all your banking on our app, anywhere

Micdew

Hi, saw the new app on playstore while browsing around in playstore. The app seems like a nice upgrade. They keeping it simple but you can "customise" the home page.

Last edited:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Hi, saw the new app on playstore while browsing around in playstore. The app seems like a nice upgrade. They keepingbit simple but you can "customise" the home page.
Thanks. Not live here yet probably a phased rollout.

Edit: silly me I see it's a new app...

Last edited:

Chingha

Expert Member
Hi, saw the new app on playstore while browsing around in playstore. The app seems like a nice upgrade. They keeping it simple but you can "customise" the home page.
IOS? Not seeing anything in the Play Store

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Turned on transactional updates and only after saw it's still sms based. Quickly turned it off again. Logging into IB also doesn't trigger a notification anymore that takes you straight to the app. So far the new app is a few steps backwards.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Turned on transactional updates and only after saw it's still sms based. Quickly turned it off again. Logging into IB also doesn't trigger a notification anymore that takes you straight to the app. So far the new app is a few steps backwards.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a fail by them. Oh look, my FNB App just told me about a internet banking login!

Easy Account + Savings Pocket is the new low-cost-banking leader in my books

Micdew

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a fail by them. Oh look, my FNB App just told me about a internet banking login!

Easy Account + Savings Pocket is the new low-cost-banking leader in my books
Relax, dont get your panties in a bunch.
Most apps start with a hicup or two.
I'm also and FNB client but there app is very congested with all the features even though I love most of it.

Capitec is just an easier app to use.
And they did say In App notifications will be launched.

Its not like they promoted the app in branches/online.

blunt

Expert Member
Relax, dont get your panties in a bunch.
Most apps start with a hicup or two.
I'm also and FNB client but there app is very congested with all the features even though I love most of it.

Capitec is just an easier app to use.
And they did say In App notifications will be launched.

Its not like they promoted the app in branches/online.
Also with FNB because with ebucks etc. it all just works very well for me (bond there too), but honestly do not like the flow of the app, as you say - congested, and it feels like im on an app full of ads.

New Capi app is nice, I haven't done much with it, pity they didnt revamp their online banking site (I am aware of the fanbois of their "simple" 1996 style website - but really)

Antelope

Authentication for online payments is done via a ussd pop-up, once you download the new app

Last edited:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Authentication for online payments is done via a ussd pop-up, once you download the new app

Working fine here. Comes through on the cellphone with USSD.

EDIT: Nice ninja edit.