- Oct 1, 2005
Got this e-mail:
tap to pay with our new global one card
You don’t have to pay more just because you earn more. And you don’t need to earn more to get our new card – it’s for everybody.
It will be available from 17 October, with the last roll out to the Free State, North West and Northern Cape from 24 October.
Our new card simplifies your banking, is convenient, safer and puts you firmly in control of your money.
• Tap and go for fast, easy payments when you’re in a hurry
• Go cashless. You don’t need to carry notes or coins. You also pay zero transaction fees for card payments
• You choose. If you don’t want to tap, you can use your card for normal chip-and-PIN transactions instead.
• It's the best card to travel with. You pay no currency conversion fees when traveling abroad
• Payments are secure. The card’s built-in chip ensures all your personal data is full encrypted
• You’re in control of your card. You don’t have to hand it over to someone else to pay
• Easily activate or deactivate the tap-and-go function on our app or at a branch
• Manage your card and all your banking on our app, anywhere