South Africa's banking apps rated

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
South Africa's banking apps rated

Millions of South Africans use smartphone apps to make payments and manage their accounts and spending limits.

Smartphone banking apps have become so successful that former FNB CEO Michael Jordaan has launched Bank Zero, a digital-only bank which will be run entirely on an app.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yeah no, Personally an app needs to be good yes, but not everything can (or should) be done on app... The form factor is annoying for certain data entry tasks..

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Wonder which of these apps has a nag screen to get you to rate the app.

konfab

Honorary Master
Outside of government, I think Discovery have the worst website and mobile application combination.
It took me 10 minutes to find something simple like my HealthyGear number.

Capitec on the other hand does things very well. For both their website and "app". They are simple and logical.

Louis72

absa?? lol

Fnb app is by far the best.
Oh that bank with so many bugs in its app that you accept the terms of its service to add a new product then it tells you. “You didnt tick accept” Then you try again and and it comes back with the same answer ticked or not?

Or how about we go try and do something simple like raise you withdrawal limit above 3k?

Oh wait...how does that Ad go again?
“Does your banks App work seamlessly being simple and straightforward? FNB’s one doesn't :p

The problem with that app is its way too busy and doesnt know what it wants to be too busy selling you wimpy burgers and not transacting.

Death_By_Ebola

Maybe I should stop calling them Crappytech now. Their app is not bad at all, simple to use and not full of a thousand buttons and menus I don`t need

Hummercellc

Expert Member
FNB has a terrible banking app.
You need to push back like 7 times to exit.
And it takes forever to open or load anything.

Standard Banks app works like a charm, fast and easy.

Louis72

They have really tried improving it substantially! I would say its has caught up to Absa app now. It should have better ratings.

PasswordIsTaco

It looks as though they are using the old Nedbank app for this comparison. The Nedbank Money app is far better and should at least be mentioned in the article.

vajavich

agreed. stick to being a banking app instead of trying to sell too much and offer silly gimmicks.