Spur waiter increases tip on POS machine without me knowing

Lupus

Honorary Master
On top of that tipping is rather silly, I mean we assume it's because we are giving someone a tip based on their service to us. Except if we are tipping on the 10% scale of things, you could go to an expensive restaurant where the waiter is rather crap, but you still end up giving them 10% or 8% or whatever and that comes up to say R50 to R100.
Whereas say you go to a rather decent but cheaper place and the waiter is really good, so you decide to tip them 15% but because the bill is only R400 it's only R60 to that waiter, if you did it using the 10% rule it would be R40?

Cr419

Executive Member
Which places?

In CT there are precious few places with a dedicated kids play area.

Is someone opened a Papachino's here they would be printing money.
It's is difficult to find places with nice playground. Just across makro cape gate there is a restaurant with a big playground. I drive there sometimes and skip spur. Can't remember the name now. Food is also not to bad.

unobeat

After that conduct from the waiter, i would not tip and wold report the waiter to their manager as this is fraud in my eyes.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I would rather tip those preparing the food. They do the real work.

Some of these waiters think asking you every 5min if the food is ok makes them special.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
The cooks and chefs earn regular salaries, unlike the waiters.
I'm not sure what the cooks/chefs make but even waiters earn R20/hr minimum now. If they're not getting that they should contact the dept of labour.

Flarsiep

It's is difficult to find places with nice playground. Just across makro cape gate there is a restaurant with a big playground. I drive there sometimes and skip spur. Can't remember the name now. Food is also not to bad.
Blasters. awesome burgers, and baskets for the kids. But the kids shouting and especially the girls screaming makes me down three draughts before I even sit down.

Cr419

Executive Member
Blasters. awesome burgers, and baskets for the kids. But the kids shouting and especially the girls screaming makes me down three draughts before I even sit down.
My kids are loud so I don't care about the noise anymore. I even sometimes end up going down the slides with them.

Blasters is a load of fun for the kids. Must actually take them again soon.

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
I'm not sure what the cooks/chefs make but even waiters earn R20/hr minimum now. If they're not getting that they should contact the dept of labour.
Waiters/bar staff usually work for a minimal pay and supplement that with tips, which is usually much more than their actual salary.

I think it's close to about R20 per hour

HunterNW

Expert Member
My kids are loud so I don't care about the noise anymore. I even sometimes end up going down the slides with them.

Blasters is a load of fun for the kids. Must actually take them again soon.
So you are one of those who's kids run around, making a heck of a noise while i sit and try having a conversation with my girl. Nee nee... You need training in being a dad, also train your kids. :p

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Waiters/bar staff usually work for a minimal pay and supplement that with tips, which is usually much more than their actual salary.

I think it's close to about R20 per hour
Now they're entitled to a minimum of R20/ph and tips.