Star Citizen

Brenden_E

Executive Member
lol it is a dude, he definitely above average on the income scale for sure, but not like a millionaire kinda thing or anything crazy
There's so much a person can do with R30K. Go on an insane holiday, get epic PC gear, get lots of hookers (I guess). Yet he decided to hit up Star Citizen. Humans, we do things.

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
A game that took so long to release that you changed gaming genres - this is actually stupidly funny.
I used to play lots of action games, but prefer turn-based games nowadays. Easier when I need to run away at short notice to handle the kids and more relaxing as you can sit back and take it easy.
yup yup

saa044

Expert Member
A lot of games took 10 years plus, the difference is people did not get to play the Alpha and added bits over 10 years. I guess this is the difference between Star Citizen and other games that took ages.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
A lot of games took 10 years plus, the difference is people did not get to play the Alpha and added bits over 10 years. I guess this is the difference between Star Citizen and other games that took ages.
Elite Dangerous released in 2014, it was tested by its backers and they are still releasing new content. The game is totally playable and players are racking up thousands and thousands of in-game hours.

To date, Star Citizen is the most expensive title to date with an investment of over $550 million. That is more than double that of GTA V. Not a single game compares to this. In perspective, it is only Diablo 3 and LA Noire which took close to 10 years to release. We are talking of continues development. Duke Nukem Forever took 15 years, but it was over-ambitious and locked up in a lawsuit for most of its development cycle.

All of those bits over 10 years, how many of those bits were removed from the Kickstarter campaign, which is a backer promise, and from the roadmap?

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
/COUGH

EDIT:

Reuploaded by another user,

I wonder whether this is fake though, but the initial video was shared by a Frontier influencer...

Last edited:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I see the video was removed as soon as it was uploaded, a mistake perhaps? An early leak, because many announcements are taking place as online shows this month.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
EA announced Star Wars Squadrons,

and listening to Jack elaborating on the game, it sounds like Squadron 42 will have some expectations...

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
EA announced Star Wars Squadrons,

and listening to Jack elaborating on the game, it sounds like Squadron 42 will have some expectations...
Sounds kinda what xwing vs tie fighter was. Infact, blowing up the space yard was part of xvt's expansion. Hopefully it's not too dumbed down but follows tie fighter's roots.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Sounds kinda what xwing vs tie fighter was. Infact, blowing up the space yard was part of xvt's expansion. Hopefully it's not too dumbed down but follows tie fighter's roots.
It does, gameplay reveal is on the 18th. The customisation hints to a more expansive game than what the constrictive universe allows, and the solo experience does sound like a standalone Star Wars episode.

Back in the day, Wing Commander came first, now Squadron 42 will come second :whistling: