Stop eating meat because..............

Sly21C

Expert Member
..........it contributes to global warming and environmental damage and contributes to today's health problems.

I was thinking, since Al Gore made his documentary called "An Inconvenient truth" in 2007, there has been a buzz about global warming, climate change, green living, green cars, green and more green.....

In his documentary, Al Gore states that carbon dioxide contributes substantially to global warming or climate change and that humanity needs to find alternative ways of generating energy, like for example, we need cars that emit less or zero carbon carbon dioxide instead or today's cars that emit a lot of carbon dioxide. In my opinion, all this global warming and climate change problem was known by a few people for a very long time but I think Al Gore made it more mainstream and he therefore made a lot of people aware of the dangers or climate change especially through his documentary.

I think that a lot of people are now aware of environmental problems and climate change and global warming and people are beginning to change their habits and are beginning to live "green" lifestyles.

There is evidence to suggest and in fact conclude that the meat industry is also to blame for global warming and climate change. Farming animals requires a lot of land and with a growing human population, more land is required and therefore forests have to make way for farmers and livestock in order to supply the demand for meat. Livestock eat a lot of food and when you add transportation costs and everything else, you will realize that the meat industry is also partly to blame for climate change and global warming, together with carbon dioxide emitting cars, coal power plants, etc.

Now I was thinking, since companies, governments and people world wide are now taking steps to limit carbon dioxide emitions by buying "green" products or saving electricity and stuff in order to fight global warming, is it possible to for people (or most people) to stop eating meat provided they are educated about the effects of the meat industry on the environment and it's part in global warming?

Would you stop eating meat and play your part if you know to a full extent how the meat industry is bad for the environment?

Nod

Executive Member
I would be more worried about all the hormones in milk and meat. Fruit and veggies are also not what it is supposed to be. No matter the diet, you'll end up using supplements to boost your system.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Would you stop eating meat and play your part if you know to a full extent how the meat industry is bad for the environment?
Realistically? Not a chance.

adelp

Expert Member
Are you crazy!!???:eek::D

No!! no sorry! I eat meat once maybe twice a week but i need my meat!!
And eliminating meat is only going to make people destroy the ocean even more.
What are we going to do about the volcano’s? That I can help with and living green recycling and all that but I like my steak.:eek:

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I don't eat enough red meat to warrant me stopping completely ...... chat to those meat guzzling Americans first mebbe ;):D

timgaul

Honorary Master
What? An give up bacon? I'm thinking something about hell and it involves a snowball...

DJ...

Banned
I am also going to stop using any product that contains plastic, metal,glass, requires energy to produce, is affiliated with any of the above mentioned items etc. I am also going to stop eating vegetables because they too require electricity in some way, shape or form. I will also move out of this house immediately and stop driving to meetings. My dogs had better stop sh1tting too because I use a metal poop scoop to clean it up. Maybe I should use a plastic bag rather - oh hang on - no. Just my hands then. But where do I put it? Garbage refuse requires transport and electricity. I'll just leave it then. Better get rid of my clothing too and walk around nekkid - they were produced using copious amounts of electricity more than likely. Oops, better chuck this laptop too and stop using the internet as well.

Al Gore can go suck a fat one as far as I am concerned. As can the "stop eating meat because it harms the environment" people.

wizdumb

Expert Member
not interested in reading the whole story....

....beef ftw!

or like the bumper says "if God didn't want you to eat meat, He would not have made cows"

moklet

Expert Member
I am also going to stop using any product that contains plastic, metal,glass, requires energy to produce, is affiliated with any of the above mentioned items etc. I am also going to stop eating vegetables because they too require electricity in some way, shape or form. I will also move out of this house immediately and stop driving to meetings. My dogs had better stop sh1tting too because I use a metal poop scoop to clean it up. Maybe I should use a plastic bag rather - oh hang on - no. Just my hands then. But where do I put it? Garbage refuse requires transport and electricity. I'll just leave it then. Better get rid of my clothing too and walk around nekkid - they were produced using copious amounts of electricity more than likely. Oops, better chuck this laptop too and stop using the internet as well.

Al Gore can go suck a fat one as far as I am concerned. As can the "stop eating meat because it harms the environment" people.
Yeah you might as well remove yourself from this planet

timgaul

Honorary Master
not interested in reading the whole story....

....beef ftw!

or like the bumper says "if God didn't want you to eat meat, He would not have made cows"
And if God didn't want you to eat bacon on you steak he wouldn't have made pigs to accompany the above mentioned cows!

Pitbull

Verboten
Meat is very very unhealthy.

But I have tried not to eat meat and I can tell you it prob comes close to getting of Heroin if you've been addicted for a few years :eek:

Gothan

Expert Member
Uhm let me think about this.....Nope, will continue eating meat. Cows are evil ****ers and must be destroyed!!!!!

adelp

Expert Member
Meat is very very unhealthy.

But I have tried not to eat meat and I can tell you it prob comes close to getting of Heroin if you've been addicted for a few years :eek:
Why is it unhealthy. I'm kinda a healthy freak and nobody have convinced me yet.
So i must eat soya? Beans? What about protein?

Pitbull

Verboten
Why is it unhealthy. I'm kinda a healthy freak and nobody have convinced me yet.
So i must eat soya? Beans? What about protein?
Appart from the fact that meat gets handled by about 50 people's hands before you put in on your plate, and the fact that some of these machines only gets cleaned once a week :sick:

The meat itself is not the problem, it's the fat attached to the meat and then the way you prepair it which is unhealthy.

Don't get me started on the meat processing part, I have worked in a Butchery on Weekends and Holidays when i was still at school :eek: :sick: