Strange behaviour...

nicbst

Hi...

So...I met this girl a few weeks ago, let's call her Michelle. We had a few laughs, went to a function with a few friends, and went home (individually).

Then the weekend before last, we drove around a bit and generally had a good time. Departed with hugs ('upgraded' from a handshake the previous time), so I was thinking: "hey! This is going well!"

This past weekend, however, we went for dinner, twice. And went sightseeing through the city etc. Come Monday morning. I tell her to have a great day via text, she reciprocates.

From there on I have been soooo confused. Last time we saw on Sunday we made plans for next weekend and she really seemed into me, laughing at stuff I said or did, and omw she's beautiful, not that it matters here. :D

Anyway, so I tried to contact her on Tuesday. Phone off. Sent her a message. On Wednesday she replied at 10pm...on BBM. So I reply and we exchange a few messages (where she still seems to be interested) and then she read the last one and disappeared again. Haven't heard a peep from her since. I'm not going to spam her, however great the temptation may be to ask her what gives...

What...just happened? I thought I had a slight understanding of women and generally do, but she takes the cake. :wtf:

Oh and on Wednesday she also moved the date of the plans we made for this weekend. She has a cold at the moment, which explains the move. The ignoring of most all contact could also have been it maybe, if she wasn't online on Whatsapp every 5 minutes...:confused:

In person she is the most perfect companion...talkative, but not too much, and classy, and everything a guy could want. But soon as she has to use a phone....I don't know. :erm:

Last edited:

*Medusa*

She doesn't know if she is still interested, so don't waste your time with her, move on.

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
Someone (I'm looking at you Ninja) will suggest you start stalking her with lots of messages.
Don't.
As for what to do - you might have been moved into the dmz after she realized what she thought was a friend-zone, was something else.

You are also leaving something out.
So I reply and we exchange a few messages (where she still seems to be interested) and then she read the last one and disappeared again.
What was the last one?

Last edited:

Batista

Executive Member
Ignore her for a bit, i know it will be hard, but if she is into you she will make it known,You have already tried everything, just give her some space.
I had a gf that was differnt on the phone to when i spoke to her in person.She turned out to be a c$%kteasing beeach.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
Im in the same boat, just Vice Versa,
Everything between us went well, and now I'm ignoring her, personally i get scared when everything goes fantastic, im scared my current lifestyle will change and i just kinda retreat, looking for any reason to break things of with this person, I do think if i meet the right person, and I'm 100% sure about her, I'll act differently, you can still have fun with someone and have great laughs and not really be attracted to that person.
How long has she been single?, did she come out of a long term relationship?

Last edited:

nicbst

Someone (I'm looking at you Ninja) will suggest you start stalking her with lots of messages.
Don't.
As for what to do - you might have been moved into the dmz after she realized what she thought was a friend-zone was something else.

You are also leaving something out.

What was the last one?
So...what is a DMZ in this context?

I answered her questions and statements and asked some of my own. Stuff about a camp coming up, leaving times etc. Hadn't even said good night yet. Nothing I would expect to scare her off...:confused:

From all you've said in decreasing order of likeliness:-

1: Someone is getting into her head when you're not around, probably a friend who doesn't want to ''lose'' her bestie to a guy(this has got me once and REALLY pisses me off)

2: She's being a woman(sorry ladies I love you all dearly but bitches be cray cray)

3: She's not interested and trying to ignore you away.

nicbst

How long has she been single?, did she come out of a long term relationship?
I haven't the faintest, haven't spoken about exes yet. While we were out and about she would get excited every single time she found out I liked something she did or vice versa. It is driving me insane lol.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
You lucked out. Move on to the next woman.

Wait what? I was on the receiving end of the messages. It gets f**king annoying and you're just driving her away even further.

nicbst

Ignore her for a bit, i know it will be hard, but if she is into you she will make it known,You have already tried everything, just give her some space.
I am trying this at the moment, in the mean time I'm trying to find out what I might have done or why she's doing this. Apparently I have been blessed with straightforward girls in the past :D

Fortunately, I like challenges...

Compton_effect

Honorary Master

1: Someone is getting into her head when you're not around, probably a friend who doesn't want to ''lose'' her bestie to a guy(this has got me once and REALLY pisses me off)

2: She's being a woman(sorry ladies I love you all dearly but bitches be cray cray)

Very likely.
My then-girlfriend's best friend pulled her aside at a party I had invited them to, and told her that none of her friends like me and she should dump me. I wondered why she left in such a hurry, only found out a few months later what had happened.

And then she was confused a few years later why she wasn't invited to the wedding. :wtf:

nicbst

Hmmm she is staying with her friend this week. 0_o

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
I haven't the faintest, haven't spoken about exes yet. While we were out and about she would get excited every single time she found out I liked something she did or vice versa. It is driving me insane lol.
I see you are from Pretoria East, she is from Pretoria East, i see you like emoticons, she likes emoticons....
Not trying to be funny, but are you by any chance a girl?

Edit,
Hmmm she is staying with her friend this week. 0_o
Okay, never mind, i'm safe.

Last edited:

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
So...what is a DMZ in this context?

I answered her questions and statements and asked some of my own. Stuff about a camp coming up, leaving times etc. Hadn't even said good night yet. Nothing I would expect to scare her off...:confused:
And what kind of camp would that be?

nicbst

I see you are from Pretoria East, she is from Pretoria East, i see you like emoticons, she likes emoticons....
Not trying to be funny, but are you by any chance a girl?
lol, She's not from the East, otherwise I wouldn't have had to rely on the phone thing so much.