Sugar or Honey ?

Necuno

Court Jester
so which and why.... for example would it be better to throw some honey over my pap instead of using white sugar ? (thinking in terms if health now)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
For heath reasons I'd side with honey but quite frankly I can't stand the stuff.

Ou grote

Honorary Master
lol, well ive gotten myself to start eating pap in the morning again and currently on weetbix.
Apparently honey is better, never really liked it, but it tastes good on croissants.
I'm trying to get myself to eat pap in the morning, but just so used to coffee and smokes.:(

quik

Expert Member
More refined, less healthy... So start enjoying that honey people! ;)

I personally don't mind honey or sugar, but most of the time it's neither.

P

Picard

I like my coffee like I like my women ... sweet and white.

some say ... strong and black.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Shouldn't make any difference. White sugar, brown sugar, honey. Just pick whichever tastes better to you.

On Ultimate Survival Monday night they said honey has loads of health benefits. But that is pure honey, guess the stuff bought in shops has so many extra stuff in that all those benefits are lost?

noxibox

Honorary Master
On Ultimate Survival Monday night they said honey has loads of health benefits. But that is pure honey, guess the stuff bought in shops has so many extra stuff in that all those benefits are lost?
No, but honey like unrefined sucrose has only small amounts of anything useful except sugars. It really is a matter of preference.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Doesn't matter. Both are almost pure sugar. If you're worrying about health then a bit of fruit on the pap is the way.

Necuno

Court Jester
Doesn't matter. Both are almost pure sugar. If you're worrying about health then a bit of fruit on the pap is the way.
:eek:

hehe, point being 1 spoon of sugar a morning is not going to kill you -

honey on the weet bix as in just honey isn't that appealing though :D

but imho brown sugar goes better with coffee than the white

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
My mum-in-law sometimes send some honey over to us

and it just taste better than the ... stuff you buy in the shops.

So, I'd rather use honey over my pap than sugar, except the good stuff's finished, and I'm using sugar atm.

CathJ

Expert Member
Yep. Brown sugar and white sugar are the same, nutritionally speaking (not like white vs brown rice).

I seem to remember from the 2 minutes of The Biggest Loser I watched once, that honey has more calories.

I believe that refined sugar is actually quite bad for you as it draws out vitamins and minerals from your body. Not sure how true that is but I did read an article about it once. I use neither in my tea, but I do use them both in cooking every now and then - honey more than sugar as it has more flavour. If I had to base my decision on health reasons, I would choose honey...